Crazy.. ls1 skyline.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jared759

VIP
YouTube - LS1 Turbo Skyline

Just the bay and a few revs.

A few more videos of it are on the related list.

I saw this and was like, wow this is different. just thought I'd share

It's cool to be different but why a skyline, why not a 240?

:werd:

This seems kind of sacrilegious. On the other hand though, the S2K motor seems to be popping up in a lot of different project cars these days. Is cross-platform motor swapping the "in thing" right now? :shrug2:

:werd:

This seems kind of sacrilegious. On the other hand though, the S2K motor seems to be popping up in a lot of different project cars these days. Is cross-platform motor swapping the "in thing" right now? :shrug2:

S2000 motor would not be on my list of motors to swap. Maybe into a civic yes, but anything else no. Torqueless motor FTL!

I've seen it in BMWs, Celicas, an RX-7, lots of places. I'm seeing K swaps into other company's vehicles a lot lately too...

while the ls1 is certainly a good engine, the rb26dett is fucking bad ass. dumb replacement IMO

S2000 motor would not be on my list of motors to swap. Maybe into a civic yes, but anything else no. Torqueless motor FTL!

I didn't think I'd ever hear jeffie drop a comment like that. Must be the redneck coming out in him.:D

Torque isn't everthing unless your driving a heavy ass car or towing . The F20/22 and 6 speed out of the s2k is the perfect power plant for the older model RWD cars of the 80's, not to mention a few newer cars like the ones' Brutal dropped, where trying to keep the car light was the focus to compensate for lack of power and the F20 seems to move the S2000 along pretty fast. I mean sure , the F20 is no boosted VQ motor (jab;)) in the torque department, but thats why Honda didn't put it in a dump truck!

I do agree with the fact a Chevy motor probally should have never touched that R34. Plus boost on that motor is super over kill for drifting don't you think?

yea i saw the k20 swapped mini cooper outside of orlando....not a new mini either but the OLD mofos

Ah right, I forgot about the Honda-swapped Mini Coopers. I think that one was in HondaTuning a while back. Might have been a B-series in that one though...

There is a old mini driving around down here with a b swap

Ah right, I forgot about the Honda-swapped Mini Coopers. I think that one was in HondaTuning a while back. Might have been a B-series in that one though...

yea... theres a few old guys in town taht have swapped b-series minis (old ones) ..

just went through the other vids and found out they're Aussies, that explains part of it.

while the ls1 is certainly a good engine, the rb26dett is fucking bad ass. dumb replacement IMO

Yeah the rb26 is badass till it starts having crank issues....I know there are definitely replacements that make those issues less of a worry, but i'd rather stick with an ls1...far less shit to worry about breaking.

I love the TT LS1 R34, its badass and pisses a lot of people off... i'm all for it! I'll hopefully have a car with an ls1 in it sometime before I die.. Hopefully either a late 90's ws6 or SS Camaro....I like the camaros more myself.

yea... theres a few old guys in town taht have swapped b-series minis (old ones) ..

There's a guy who put a turbo'd b16 type r into a mini around here. I started laughing when I saw the 2.5" exhaust on it as I walked up to him. Then I saw him run a low 10. Without slicks.

I'll see if I can find the pictures.

There's a guy who put a turbo'd b16 type r into a mini around here. I started laughing when I saw the 2.5" exhaust on it as I walked up to him. Then I saw him run a low 10. Without slicks.

I'll see if I can find the pictures.

umm, whats a b16 type r?? one or the other

Back