Crazy RPm with engine trouble

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Spiker666

Hi , I have an engine trouble, when I run with my civic si 1.6 94, the rpm go crazy ... I'm stable at 3000 rpm and varies between 4k-5k-3k.... you know what I mean? And When I give trottle, engine bug like misfire but not exactly misfire...

What parts are wreck? dizzy cap, rotor, tach wire, rpm, ecu?

tanks for help:p

while we are on this subject...im kinda having the same issue...i have an hseries motor on a fseries ecu...once i get the correct ecu...will it correct this problem?

yeah, your fuel map is gonna be all sorts of effed up when you run with an accord ECU.

could that also explain this:

ill be drivin it from point A to B...but sometimes before i can make it somewhere...it will just stop accelerating...if i hit the gas at all it will just rev up and the car will coast...if i come to a complete stop...im screwed...cuz it wont go no where...

now if i let it sit for a lil bit...then crank it back up...it will start to go again...but only for a short period of time...

edit...sorry if im threadjacking...just need to figure this out...its pissin me off...i get my paycheck this week...lol...so hopefully ill be able to get that ecu ordered soon...lol

Quoted post[/post]]
could that also explain this:

ill be drivin it from point A to B...but sometimes before i can make it somewhere...it will just stop accelerating...if i hit the gas at all it will just rev up and the car will coast...if i come to a complete stop...im screwed...cuz it wont go no where...

now if i let it sit for a lil bit...then crank it back up...it will start to go again...but only for a short period of time...

edit...sorry if im threadjacking...just need to figure this out...its pissin me off...i get my paycheck this week...lol...so hopefully ill be able to get that ecu ordered soon...lol
It sounds like your clutch is slipping(if a manual tranmission), or your transmission is slipping(if automatic). Don't believe a ecu swap is going to help that problem.

yeah, thats sounds like a clutch prob...if your engine just decides it hates your tranny, its not your ecu. if i remember right, you drive an automatic. i think it might be time to replace the torque converter.

MOST(as in 95% of the time) of the time when an automatic transmission starts slipping it is because the friction materials are worn. Time for a rebuild if it's an automatic.

yea...i drive an automatic...so yall are pretty much tellin me i need a new tranny right? if so...that sucks...lol....cuz i already know i gotta spend money on the right ecu...but now im gonna have to fork out more money for a tranny...should i get another accord tranny or go ahead and get the h22a tranny?

an h22 auto, yizzle. i wouldnt wanna do the manual conversion.

yea...if thats the case...ill definitely stick with auto....but im gonna change to the right ecu first....and see if that helps...since it needs to be done anyways

Back