1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy RPm with engine trouble

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by Spiker666, May 27, 2006.

1. Spiker666

Spiker666 Junior Member

Hi , I have an engine trouble, when I run with my civic si 1.6 94, the rpm go crazy ... I'm stable at 3000 rpm and varies between 4k-5k-3k.... you know what I mean? And When I give trottle, engine bug like misfire but not exactly misfire...

What parts are wreck? dizzy cap, rotor, tach wire, rpm, ecu?

tanks for help:p

2. formby

formby learning in progress

its an ignition problem, soo test your distributer and everything assosiated....

3. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

while we are on this subject...im kinda having the same issue...i have an hseries motor on a fseries ecu...once i get the correct ecu...will it correct this problem?

4. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

yeah, your fuel map is gonna be all sorts of effed up when you run with an accord ECU.

5. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

could that also explain this:

ill be drivin it from point A to B...but sometimes before i can make it somewhere...it will just stop accelerating...if i hit the gas at all it will just rev up and the car will coast...if i come to a complete stop...im screwed...cuz it wont go no where...

now if i let it sit for a lil bit...then crank it back up...it will start to go again...but only for a short period of time...

edit...sorry if im threadjacking...just need to figure this out...its pissin me off...i get my paycheck this week...lol...so hopefully ill be able to get that ecu ordered soon...lol

6. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

It sounds like your clutch is slipping(if a manual tranmission), or your transmission is slipping(if automatic). Don't believe a ecu swap is going to help that problem.

7. reikoshea

yeah, thats sounds like a clutch prob...if your engine just decides it hates your tranny, its not your ecu. if i remember right, you drive an automatic. i think it might be time to replace the torque converter.

8. GSRCIVICTN

GSRCIVICTN Lost in a sea of rednecks

MOST(as in 95% of the time) of the time when an automatic transmission starts slipping it is because the friction materials are worn. Time for a rebuild if it's an automatic.

9. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

yea...i drive an automatic...so yall are pretty much tellin me i need a new tranny right? if so...that sucks...lol....cuz i already know i gotta spend money on the right ecu...but now im gonna have to fork out more money for a tranny...should i get another accord tranny or go ahead and get the h22a tranny?

10. reikoshea

an h22 auto, yizzle. i wouldnt wanna do the manual conversion.

11. smarty009

smarty009 Senior Member

yea...if thats the case...ill definitely stick with auto....but im gonna change to the right ecu first....and see if that helps...since it needs to be done anyways

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted