1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crazy swap need help please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by cronicone1, Apr 30, 2009.

1. cronicone1

cronicone1 New Member

alright well i have a 92 civic buddle but off of a guy thats scraps cars. it has a b18c but honestly it doesnt have enough power or torqe for me. im not sure why but all b series engines have no torqe like yeah they can rev to 9000 rpm but who needs it over all they dont really do the job. so im going to rip it out and drop a nissan sr20det engine in it. im just wondering if anyone else has done it and if it can be done. also what im going to need or custom fabricate/make to make this engine work. also can the car even handle the power this engine will produce. thanks

2. cronicone1

cronicone1 New Member

Bump

3. v8 civic

v8 civic New Member

well all depends. how good are you at fabricating and troubleshooting? you will need to make motor mount brackets for sure. maybe even use the suspension from a nissan unless your going rear wheel drive like i am. but im putting a small block into my 96 civic. all in all its alot of work.

4. cronicone1

cronicone1 New Member

5. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

what a downgrade?? just boost the b18c you have.. easier because you wont have to make custom mounts

6. v8 civic

v8 civic New Member

actually its not a downgrade. i have been reading forums allover about how people are doing this and people are doing that. im getting tired of people saying thats stupid. well thats not stupid to me. yea sure it would probably be easier to upgrade the motor in it. but what about the people who want a custom car something they can actually say they built it. i say go ahead with the sr20det i think it would be awesome. and yall can flame me i dont care i will just delete my account because i dont need anyone to tell me how stupid yall are by telling me what i should and shouldnt do. so have a nice day.

7. eg6sir

shhhhhh..... this isnt even your thread.. dont get so butthurt when i wasnt even talking to you

8. newb

newb phresh VIP

Never swaped a Nissan or V8 into a Honda, but I get the feeling this thread will be a good read.

9. nofxSOHCcrx

nofxSOHCcrx New Member

I was just thinking the other day, if anyone has ever put a rwd SR20 in a rex. I think it would be pretty sweet...see some light as rex drifting the shit outta rx7's, 240's and all that shit. Outta the norm is always awesome. Well...not always, but most of the time.

hmm...was it the CA18's that had both a fwd and a rwd version? or the SR20's?

10. eg6sir

the bluebird is the fwd SR20det.. my buddy was gonna swap one into his 200sx

11. ITR-EKcoupe

ITR-EKcoupe New Member

i wouldnt say downgrade. but definately a headache figuring everything out when all you could do is slap a nice sized turbo on it and have the same power (whp and tq) if not more with the proper setup. but thats just my .02

12. haao13

haao13 New Member

good luck. its gonna be a LOT of work and a good amount of custom fabing/parts. drop the b18 off at my house when you get it out :D

13. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

A guy on HMT has a F20 rwd CRX.

14. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

goodluck..keep us updated through all of this.

15. D16SiHatch

D16SiHatch New Member

16. v8 civic

v8 civic New Member

i really dont care what you think. just the fact of this. look at it this way. is it your car he is wanting to convert. NO and yes i know this isnt my thread but if someone wants to build something this is bullshyt that everyone talks down on people like me putting a ford small block into a honda civic. yea its going to run its ass off and i will race anything you have or will build. so put it like this anytime you have to say something negative or mean just shut your ass up. im done with people like you so im outta here and i dont give a shyt who reads this. bye HATERS .....................................................................................hey bro good luck with your swap wish you the best of luck. i started my project less then a week ago and im almost done fabricating and welding.

17. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Pics of the progress or :ban:

18. haao13

haao13 New Member

bahahaha i love v8 guru's, especially ford fanatics, who think just becase it has a v8 or they put one in something its a ferrari or something. im def in for pics as well though

19. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

I hate people who do this...."Ha ha! I'm going to write an idiotic, inflammatory rant but don't bother responding to it, because I'm just going to delete my account and never come back here again! Ha ha!"

Just shut the fuck up you idiot. You took the time to sign up for this site just so you could respond to this thread, so we both know you're going to come back and read this...

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  20. v8 civic

v8 civic New Member

i will put up pics if i feel like it and i really dont feel like it. so deal with it. i will put up a pic of it when its done. and i absolutely hate ferrari's they are nothing but expensive garbage. and yankee dick you shut the fuck up. you aint my damn boss you fag. so lick my ass. i dont give a fuck what you think. and sure i will come back to read this because people like you make me laugh. i notice alot of people from the north are nothing but shit starters. always rather start shit then finish it. but i will say this when i get done with it i will post pics. and the best part is i do not even have to get a custom drive shaft the same truck the rearend came out of im going to use that driveshaft. so say what you want because i really dont give a rats ass

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted