creating a custom harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
ok, so I believed the person I traded shells with when he said OBD2 injector clips will fit OBD1 injectors.

silly me.

it is a 90 civic lx that ran fine with his SiRII swap in it, guages converted to GSR cluster w/ elec speed sensor. and has a conversion harness to OBD1.

at some point I was going to re-wire his job anyway because it was wired with speaker wire.

so before I start cutting up my 95 EX harness, I was wondering if someone could point me towards a write up that might tell me how to just run wires all the way down to the ECU plugs on the other side of the firewall.

or at the very least just enough to run my injector wires back to the ECU plugs.

the engine I will be using is a D16Z6 and a stock P28 out of my del sol.

after much careful peeling of electric tape, I have the injectors figured out.
as long as I match color for color I should be good, only 2 of them go to the ECU.
the yellow/black wires can be in any order correct? he had his going into two different yellow/black wires in the harness, I was going to do the same except with solder instead of black tape.

since I have to cut my EX harness anyway I need help to figure out the distributor plugs, he had two of the wires coming from the harness cut, both blue, one looks blue/yellow. I cant find them in the harness and I peeled it back about a foot so idk?

since I will have the solder pistol warmed up, I just want to make this as clean as possible.

I wish my camera worked where I have to.

your original LX car had a D15B2 engine which had Dual Point Fuel Injection (DPFI), meaning it only had 2 fuel injectors - since it did not have Multi Point Fuel Injection (MPFI) with 4 injectors (1 to each cylinder) which are fired sequentially, it also did not have a CYLlinder sensor in the distributor to tell the ECU when to fire the injectors - when the B16A engine was installed, someone had to convert it from DPFI to MPFI - since it had only 2 injectors and no CYL sensor, these wires had to be added directly from the ECU to the engine bay - once they were added, you had wires for all 4 injectors which are the wires for the original 2 injectors (in the chassis harness to the round 14 wire connector at the driver's side)) and the added wires for the other 2 - they also had to add 2 wires for the CYL sensor - the fuel injector wires (injector #1 closest to timing belt, then #2, then #3 an #4 closest to the distributor) run as follows: injector #1 to ECU pin A1 (originally yellow wire) - injector #2 to ECU pin A3 (originally yellow wire, which should have been cut and new wire added to portion still in the ECU connector) - injector #3 to ECU pin A5 (originally red wire) - injector #4 to ECU pin A7 (originally red wire, which should have been cut and new wire added to portion still in the ECU connector) - in the original LX chassis harness, the yellow wires at A1 and A3 connected together inside the harness and ran to the round 14 pin connector - the red wires at A5 and A7 also connected together inside the harness and ran to the round 14 pin connector - the new wires for the CYL sensor to the distributor run from ECU pin C1 to the blue/green wire at the distributor connector and from ECU pin C2 to the blue/yellow wire at the distributor connector

thank you for the help, I'm going crazy here.

I took the whole injector sub harness out of the EX harness and added about a foot of wire so they will all reach the ECU (put the length in the middle so the colors match at the ends)

I also used the grey bus plug for all the yellow black wires and soldered them inside the lx harness.

now my conundrum is I have 2 extra wires that would go on the back of an A6 block but not my Z6, do I need to do anything with those? and the single plug by the oil filter should be the knock sensor? I have a wire from the lx harness that fits there but did a 90 lx have a knock sensor? or do I run that straight from my jumpers sub harness?

also need confirmation on alternator plug, of the 4 wires, 3 of them match up by color, only the blue one is odd from the 95 harness, match them all up till the blue one is left?

I know, should be simple but I'd like to get this right on the first try.

Back