Creature Comforts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GlassHeadlights

West West Yall
As some may know I've got a Canadian EJ1 Civic Si coupe, the American EX equivalent. Everything is the same on the Canadian cars except I didn't get no damn power windows and I want em! Most of you will probably want to talk me out of the conversion for weight or difficulty reasons but I really don't care, the pros outweigh the cons. I've read a few write ups and I'm diggin it.

How hard will it be for me to drive to Seattle and find a coupe to strip? I'd imagine most EG hatch owners will want to do this conversion and complete systems will be scarce.

Input is appreciated!

-Brad

save yourself some hassle and just buy new window motors and regulators from a parts store.
anything you find in a scrap yard will most likely be dead already, or close to dead.

the parts place may be able to get the switches too. may. but, the switches can be found for cheap online (better than a scrap yard bc they havnt been getting rained on for months (in seattle of all rainy places) bc some shit head punk decided it was going to be cool to break out the windows) (yeah! parenthesis inside parenthesis)

door panels may be a bit hard to get. lol. people actually buy those to replace the red/yellow/blue painted ones when doing a dericing.

the wiring should be ok to pilfer from a scrap yard. and i would bet that its there and intact in any car that had power windows before. ive never met anybody who did this conversion. and never noticed this stuff gone in any of the cars ive dug around in before.

There's a couple decent Honda yards around here. I'll get you some info when i get the chance

save yourself some hassle and just buy new window motors and regulators from a parts store.
anything you find in a scrap yard will most likely be dead already, or close to dead.

the parts place may be able to get the switches too. may. but, the switches can be found for cheap online (better than a scrap yard bc they havnt been getting rained on for months (in seattle of all rainy places) bc some shit head punk decided it was going to be cool to break out the windows) (yeah! parenthesis inside parenthesis)

door panels may be a bit hard to get. lol. people actually buy those to replace the red/yellow/blue painted ones when doing a dericing.

the wiring should be ok to pilfer from a scrap yard. and i would bet that its there and intact in any car that had power windows before. ive never met anybody who did this conversion. and never noticed this stuff gone in any of the cars ive dug around in before.
That's what I would do. And I say mount new switches on the center console. Like this, just not as ricey please.

6591420075_large.jpg

Here is another of a stock center switch.

6591420075_large.jpg

Idk I'd like it all stock with the switches in the door. I also read LX sedans possibly have the same set up so ill look to see if there's any here up north

Back