1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Credit Card websites?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by reckedracing, Sep 1, 2006.

1. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

so does anyone here absolutely love their credit card's website?

If i go to my local key bank branch and make a deposit or withdrawl by the time i get back to my job its already posted on their website...

i have a citi visa card and it takes about 4-5 days for it to show up on the account... if i make a purchase the available credit will change within 2 days, but the actual reason for the change ie: the charge will not show for 4-5 days

i just got a bank of america visa card and it appears to be the same shit
    i made a purchase on tuesday and then another lastnight and it's not showing either of the purchases...

i find this to be completely unacceptable and incredibly annoying...

anyone have a good CC website?

2. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Mine has a "pending charges" (local credit union) but it never populates that box.
    Instead it shows BALANCE: $xxx and available balance: $xxx - $charges.

3. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

I think you're going to be hard pressed to find one that posts as quickly as a local bank. I''m thinking the local bank card is a debit card and not a true credit card...

No business is going to be able to post that fast through a credit agency, that I know of, in today's day and time.

You can't compare a local bank card to a multinational credit agency.

With that said, my local Visa from Wachovia posts fairly fast but my Mastercard through Citicard takes awhile to post.

4. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

eh, i wasn't even talking about a bank card, i've actually never used it except at ATM's
    i was talking about when i actually walk in the bank, and its instant cause they are all online...

so how fast is your visa?

5. totalburnout

totalburnout Well-Known Member VIP

Visa will normally be the next business day, but thats through a bank - Wachovia.

The mastercard is through a subdivision of citygroup called citicard. There's only a handful of credit agencies out there, just a shitload of subdivisions or what have you, so thats why I said I don't think you're really going to be able to have a multinational backed card post lightning fast.

I have a Student Advantage credit card that really sucks for rewards. I've spent probably $10,000-$15,000 on credit this year and I have like zero rewards. A lot of it has been gas and thats supposed to be one of the rewards except like I said - I see virtually nothing. I should really get something that has a larger reward percentage or one thats more pertinent to myself since I spend so much on credit.

They bumped my credit limit on that card to $6.5k after starting out with like a $1.5klimit - but I'm young so I have to build the credit.

The one feature I like is scheduling online payments for a day or two before the deadline, with payment in full so I don't have to remember anything.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted