Credit Cards with best cash back or rewards

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Anyone have any suggestions for good cash back or rewards credit cards?
I currently have a card that I get 1%, but I'd like to do better since I run just about everything through the card.

notes: interest rate does not matter, i pay it off every month
no annual fee, fuck that shit

Last edited:
Capital One Cash Rewards
50% bonus on the cash back you earn every year
1% cash back on all purchases

BankAmericard Cash Rewards Credit Card
1% cash back on purchases everywhere, every time
2% on groceries and 3% on gas for the first $1500 in combined gas and grocery purchases each quarter

good information at creditcards.com

i use my paypal card for most things these days. its debit, and it still pays 1.5% if you sign for it (run it through as credit)

Discover card 1% on everything and 5% cash back on different things every 3 months.

3 months 5% cash back on gas, 3 months restaurants, 3 months anything online, 3 months home repairs Home Depot, lowes, ace....

Use your discover card to rent a car, get free car rental insurance, 1 year added to all electronics warranties, lost luggage insurance if you book the tickets using your discover card. List goes on and on and on.

I love my Cabela's Visa Card. You get 3% Cash back on in store purchases(5%) if you reach black status which is 25k a year on your card). Plus they have a huge network of stores you can get up to 20% cash back.

Some example cash backs:

home depot 5%
Kmart 5%
Macy's 5%
fromyouflowers.com 20%
Hotels.com 5%
Sears 5%
IBM 4%
Dell 4%
Hp 5%
tigerdirect.com 4%
Norton 20%
Sony 5%
Omaha Steaks 9%
Restaurants.com 20%
Radio Shack 4%
Crutchfield 4%
Advanced Auto Parts 8%
Harbor Freight 5%
TireRack.com 5%
Verizon $25 dollar back in points

It goes on and on and on..HUGGGGE network of partners for cash back

AmEx, Blue Cash.

1 & 3% cash back on different categories - food & gas until you hit $5,000 annually - then it ramps up to 3 & 5% cash back.

no one takes discover any more around here....

That sucks for you. I can think of one business I go to that doesn't take discover card. I chit you not, at the end of the month I log into my visa account and the one or two transactions I have are from that one business.

I love my Cabela's Visa Card. You get 3% Cash back on in store purchases(5%) if you reach black status which is 25k a year on your card). Plus they have a huge network of stores you can get up to 20% cash back.

Some example cash backs:

home depot 5%
Kmart 5%
Macy's 5%
fromyouflowers.com 20%
Hotels.com 5%
Sears 5%
IBM 4%
Dell 4%
Hp 5%
tigerdirect.com 4%
Norton 20%
Sony 5%
Omaha Steaks 9%
Restaurants.com 20%
Radio Shack 4%
Crutchfield 4%
Advanced Auto Parts 8%
Harbor Freight 5%
TireRack.com 5%
Verizon $25 dollar back in points

It goes on and on and on..HUGGGGE network of partners for cash back

Discover does the same thing, log into discovercard.com and use their link to X store and you get the same type of deals.

discover isn't really accepted here in the bay area either.

Cabelas got rid of their store network...I used my last $191 in points to buy some clothes last week.

I got a new Chase Marriott Rewards Card I will use now as my primary and the US Airway Credit Card as a secondary. Free flights and hotel stays work for me. MY Florida vacation is all on points from Marriott and Us Airway..I travel a lot for work. And that was before my Marriott Credit Card. Now i'm using it to pay for the Hotel stays when i travel so I will earn points 5x as fast.

Also get One free night per year at Category 1-4 so that pays for the annual fee they charge

im about to cancel my capital one card. then, once i pay off the wells fargo card, i will be cancelling that as well.
then, no more credit cards. only debit cards for me from here on out.

Keep one for internet shopping. If the card get compromised atleast the money doesn't come out of your checking account.

Back to the top
Quicksilver from capital one has 1.5% cash back with no annual fee.
Amex Blue Cash is 1 and 3% cash back (misc and gas/groceries) then after $5,500 is spent, it bumps to 3 and 5% No annual fee. Downside is some vendors don't accept because of the larger swipe/transaction fees. Major players won't care but the better the rewards are on the card, the worse the fees are on the merchant. Discover probably has the best rebates but isn't accepted by quite a few places. I also keep a Drivers zedge, City card Mastercard that gets 1 and 3% cash back for any places that won't accept my AmEx.

Chase United card. I've been meaning to start using it every day instead of my debit card. I got 50,000 points just for signing up. I enjoy it. I'm hoping to never pay for a flight again, haha.

Keep one for internet shopping. If the card get compromised atleast the money doesn't come out of your checking account.

will be checking with my bank when it comes time to cancel the second card about either opening a second account for online transactions, had this before, separate card but still linked for easy money transfers, or just using a prepaid visa card that i can fund online. most everything i do currently goes through paypal. majority of the time, if im looking for something and the site doesnt accept paypal, i just look elsewhere. havnt had any issues yet, havnt swiped either credit card in months.

Back