1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by SLA, Sep 27, 2003.

1. SLA

SLA Senior Member

For the past year I have been getting those anyoning ass credit card offerings by mail. At least one a day!! :angry: Don't they get it? :huh: I have not replyed back on any of them for a year now, but they still keep sending them to me!

Has anyone else been getting the same bull shit?

Does anyone have any clue what can do about this besides just tearing them up and throwing them away all the time?

2. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

I havent done it myself cuz they send me this shit too, but i think you can call them and tell them to stop sending you crap, and if they dont you can sue or someshit like that. I could be horribly wrong :shrug2:

3. SLA

SLA Senior Member

If I call them up they will probably con me into transfering to their company. :D

4. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

dude its great getting them I get them all the time I love having 10 offers for 0% APR for a year

My CBR F4i was bought with a credit card =) heheheh 0% baby!

5. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

I dot into a ton of debt before I started college and now still have a remaining amount due of 12k

6. civicgirlracer97

civicgirlracer97 Banned

I get em all the time....just tear em up. I have a shreader right next to the trash can and when i check the mail, it's usually or the other that it goes in.

7. SLA

SLA Senior Member

Yah that's great and all, but when you have like 10 credit cards it is noted in your credit report that you have too much credit and it fucks your credit rating up!

8. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

is there such a thing as TOO much credit? You'd be gettin approved for everything...including a fucking Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V that they've already fucking released to you.

Fucking bastards.

[/rant]

this will go on for a while. just ignore me. :lol:

9. Frankie P.

Frankie P. Senior Member

Yes, you can have too much credit, people will be afraid to finance you, because you have too many bills to pay. I hate credit, I pay everything cash. I have two credit cards, a chevron and a Visa. Only reason I have and use them, is to build up some credit to buy a house someday, kinda hard to come up with $200,000 Cash.

10. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

too much, not enough, this fucking credit shit pisses me off. Pay cash for everything if you have if you don't then save up some more. Ole school.

11. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

if you have 10 credit cards all with a 1000 limit and have 900 on every one of them lets say your monthy payments "bare min" is 100 between all 10 cards and you make 2000 a month then credit companies will love and have no problem giving you another 10 cards or up your limit WAY up

what they go off of is if lets say you maxed every credit card out would your monthy pay beable to cover the min payments? if so then you don't have to much credit as soon as they see you have enough credit to spend 20K and not make enough to meet the minimum payments then you fall into the having to much credit bracket

just remember the worst credit is no credit even bad credit is better then no credit

thats always a good way to go about things but thats if you like paying 15-30K cash for a new car or 100-500K for a house in cash

if you want to get a loan on a car/house well... sorry no credit means no loan
    and if you do happen to get a loan it would be 15-20% APR VS some one with good credit at 0-5% on a car and 4-8% on a house depending on area...

12. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

double mother-fucking :werd: 10 thousand goddamn times right there.

I have two credit cards, a computer and a few other payments and everyone only see's the two CCs as lines of credit. which is why Nissan wouldn't finance me for the car. Fuckers.

I thought if i'm making payments they were supposed to report to the "three major credit bureaus"????

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

i have 3 cards.

1- discover, 12%, cash-back plan, never use it. limit: $3500 balance $0.
    2- chase platinum. 8% primary card. limit: $11,500. balance: $1,500.
    3- structure/express store card 20-something percent. who knows what the limit is.. probably a couple hundred bucks. i always pay it off in full if/when i use it, so its no big deal what the rate is.

but i too get a bunch a week.... i usually look at the to see what the offer... and frankly, im happy with my chase card. i pay online when i want, and its posted in 2 days. if im late, i can add $5 to pay instantly to credit my account same-day so i don't get charged a late fee... i just hate writing out checks.

14. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

B. is the model example of the perfect credit card user. he prolly has a stellar rating as well.

I've been talking with a financial consultant as my wife and I are looking into houses, best thing you can do for yourself is get a copy of your credit report from all 3 credit bourrows every year to make sure no ones fucking things up. Also, just applying for a credit card actually hurts your credit rating, more than 5 inquires made to your credit in a 6 mo. period and you probably won't be able to get approved for a mortgage. and when you apply for credit they do look at how many credit cards, loans, judgments etc.. you have if you have over a certain amount they deni you right off th bat, they don't even consider your income. It's called being over extended.

If you've got 10 cards all with $2,500 credit and have $500 on each,
    That leaves you with the ability to use an additional $20,000 on your cards alone.
    and banks for loans and mortgages frown upon that situation. were as credit card companies almost don't care, they'll give you more cards because they'll get more business from you.

and paying cash for everything doesn't help you out either , except keeping you out of debt, you ned to show some credit history.

I'm in the same boat as B. between my wife and I we just finished paying off all of our high interest debt. and plan to keep it that way.

I think I counted 15 credit card offers in a weeks period between my wife and I.
    I send back the reply offer envelopes empty, makes em have to spend $.37 nothing.
    or I write across the form not interested at this time thanks and send it back.

15. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

well, for shits and giggles, i paid the $9 and got my report. i hadn't done it in a year. and checking your OWN credit report actualyl goes against you- so don't do it more than once every 6 months at the most!

for those of you who have never seen one, feel free to take a look.

http://hondaswap.com/brian/credit.html

I think its pretty odd how my old student loan is still on there...
    and its also amazing JUST HOW MANY TIMES promotional credit offers check your credit.
    you know, they say pre-approved.... well, I've gotten donzens of these... and im only showing a couple "PRM" classed inquiries. so never believe that shit.

16. Bob Vila

Bob Vila ɐןıʌ qoq Admin VIP

thats not true, checking your credit DIRECTLY from the three main credit agencies does not affect your credit report.

17. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

yes Steve is correct , checking your own credit reports from Transunion, equifax,and experian doesn't effect your score at all/.

18. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:withstupid:
    i check mine every 6 months just to make sure everything is in order

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted