crf250x

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
So i hav an 04 250x that i havent started for a yearish. Im gettin ready for a ride on sunday so i went out and cleaned the air filter and checked the oil dumped some fresh fuel in it bla bla bla. Kicked it twice and it fired right up. Went to go for a spin and got about half way down the block and the bike died and wont start again. I realized i still had the choke on so naturally i figure its just a fowled plug, but i figured i would ask ahead of time for any other ideas in case thats not the problem

May have smoked the plug, or the gas laying in the bowl turned into jello from sitting for so long and it sucked some in the main jet. New plug and clean the carb nd you should be good.

May have smoked the plug, or the gas laying in the bowl turned into jello from sitting for so long and it sucked some in the main jet. New plug and clean the carb nd you should be good.
yea the jets are plugged up for sure. got a new plug in there but the shitty part is to get the carb out i had to pull the whole rear sub frame and rear shock and exhaust and everything else you could think of. fuckin sucks

I have to pull my seat and tank to put a plug in my bike so dont feel bad. Damn four strokes.

efhondakid said:
I have to pull my seat and tank to put a plug in my bike so dont feel bad. Damn four strokes.

Yea i have to do the same. Luckily you only have to change the plug every few years

So i got the carb all hosed down with cleaner and put back together and now the new challenge is getting the boot from the airbox side back on.

ok so now i got it buttoned up put the tank back on and turn on the petcock and fuel just pours out the overflow tube on the bottom! wtf

Back