Croch Rocket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by jeffie7@Oct 16 2003, 02:46 AM
laying down a 3000 dollar bike is much better then laying down a 8200+ dollar bike
plus the chances of you droping the 250 is much less then the 600+ bikes

FYI 1/4 mile run a 2000+ stock 600cc bike would beat out a bigger turbo bike with MOST riders riding them unless they have modded chassis there IS such a thing as TOOOOO much power

reason being is you CANNOT KEEP IT DOWN! most big cc bike have to be streched in order to make fast times

my friend was able to run 11.2 on his R1 yet using his friends R6 he ran a high 10
both bikes had close to the same mods R1 is around 140WHP R6 has about 100WHP

R6 you drop it off the line and take off like a bat outta hell
R1 you nail it off the line and flip it over so you have to baby it then when you get on it it pulls up on you so you let off again get on it again pulls up yet again..... repeat again

first bike get a USED Ninja 500EX they are dirt cheap
if you want something better all around get a Bandit, FZ6, or any bike that is called a sport crusier trust me insurance is like 300-500% cheaper then a full sport bike plus chances of keeping it shiny side up are higher

I think :withstupid:

:lol:

I'm paying attention to this thread too because as you recall, I asked the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Thanks Jeffie again for getting me interested in the two wheels of possible death. :p

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Oct 15 2003, 09:05 PM
man, don't get a ninja 250. The fuckin things top out at like 65 mph. They are terrible.

Complete and total brainwashed squid bullshit.

Now for the gospel...
I've owned a '98 250 as well as driven three others of various years. They top out at about 110- 115, depending on how tight you can tuck (had 'em there), will run a 14.1 1/4 mile, and with an uprated rear shock (~$150), will keep up with any new 600 in the turns (straight line, forget about it). Stock, they're 33 HP and redline at 14K RPM. Exhaust, carbs, and mild head work will get you up around 45- 50 HP. Not a lot, but keep in mind this is a 304 lb. bike... As for being terrible, they're Kawasaki bikes. Hardly "terrible."

They're slow in bike terms, but everyone who's never ridden one makes 'em out to be worse than a moped. A 14.1 is faster than 80% of the cars on Hondaswap, to put things in perspective.

I agree with Frankie 110%. A 250 would be a great way to go! You can pick one up used for $1500, ride it for a year, and sell it for that much. As for dropping it... A lot of people say you'll ALWAYS drop a bike when you start out, so get a POS. That's fucked up thinking. Don't go into it thinking you're going to crash or drop it, because if you do, you most likely WILL! Besides, if you drop a 304 lb. bike, you should just stick to something with four wheels.

Are you fucking kidding? Ninja 250's are nothing but overgrown mopeds. Only Fags and girls ride those things. If you are just starting out, why even buy a crotch rocket? You can find a resonably priced street bike for under $500 that will get you around and to learn on, that way who cares if you drop it of otherwise fuck it up? After you become a good rider, THEN get a crotch rocket.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Oct 15 2003, 10:10 PM
Are you fucking kidding? Ninja 250's are nothing but overgrown mopeds. Only Fags and girls ride those things.

Quite the argument you have there. So you're calling me a fag, huh? A direct attack like that on a moderator is usually punishable by having your IP banned. It's obvious you've never ridden one, let alone any bike other than a tricycle. While talking out your ass may fly on other boards, there are some of us (myself included) that actually know a thing or two about a thing or two and can and will call you out. But here, there's nothing to call out because you're just speculating, rather than speaking the truth from experience, like I have done above.

Please, if you're not going to post factual information backed up with first hand experience, please do us all a favor and go shut your balls in your car door to save our educated children from having to deal with your dumbass children.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 16 2003, 03:23 AM
Please, if you're not going to post factual information backed up with first hand experience, please do us all a favor and go shut your balls in your car door to save our educated children from having to deal with your dumbass children.

:owned:

I think I'm going to stick to listenin to Loco and Jeffie.

Thank You very very much Frankie and Loco!! :worthy: Your ideas and experience have helped me out a lot in deciding what I should go with!!

Where can I pick up these 250 ninja's? At what year and condition can I get one for $1,500?

Your ideas make sense and I am probably going to go with the ninja b/c I know that speed comes with time (practice), but I think all of my friends are going to get 600 bikes!

You know how that is going to go they are all going to rip on me b/c my bike is weak!

The two 600 bikes I was looking at where both from my friends:

1. 1995 cbr 600 with custom baby blue paint job for $2,500

2. 1997 Kawasaki rs 600 with crome exhaust & wheels and custom blue w/flake paint job for $3,100

If you guys insist thought that I should defenatly go with the ninja then I just might do so!

One more thing...How much will full coverage be for any of these bikes with a bad record?

Again thank you very much loco and Frankie :worthy: I will be looking forward for more of your input!

I had a 250 ninja. Great bike, they are more comfortable than bigger bikes, bc they aren't so aggressive. I had mine over 100 mph without any problems. A friend of mine just moved up, and he is selling his 2001 for 2k, he is in college and could use the $$. Upstate NY, if you are interested, hit me up for more info.

One more thing...How much will full coverage be for any of these bikes with a bad record?

Full coverage with a bad record how? Accidents, tickets? They make a difference in insurance, with bikes. I know for accidents it shouldn't go up too much, because the only thing that you will break in a bike is your neck. I say you might be spending at the absolute most, going sky high, $200 a month. I am going sky high, with a horrendous record, I am guessing for you $120. Depends on your age too, that makes a huge difference. As for getting a bike, if you live in So. California, there is a place called Bert's .... I don't remember anything other than Bert's, that is what all the riders call it, if you ask someone, they should know. If not, use google, type in some Kawasaki or used bike dealership, you should find something.

Originally posted by Jeffie7
first bike get a USED Ninja 500EX they are dirt cheap

thats what I'm saying.

Also yea, I heard ninja 250s top out at some ridiculously low speed. I'm from Laconia , Nh ie 100k people Bike Week. I usually just listen to other people because a TON of people ride. From my experiance with my friends, Most of them learned on this ninja 500EX and then went straight to like R1s or 600RRs, etc. One of my other buddies has a gsx-r 600 frame with a 750 motor swap. They all raved about learned on the 500EX, so thats why I reccomend it. And you can get one for like 1000. Ride it for a month (alot) and laugh at your friends when they dump their brand new 600. When you get your 600 (or whatever you'd like) a month or so later, you will be 100x more ready. And also, Learning on a bike will a little higher CC will better prepare you for the jump in power. But the 250 is still fine I guess, I have just never known anyone that has had one.

One more thing, even though it's highly unlikely, stay away from Fuel Injected bikes until you are really, really confident. They are alot more unforgiving on the throttle.

that is all.

liquid00meth, did you even read the posts, we already established what the top speed of a 250 is, and that if it is your first time on a bike, it is fast enough.

Originally posted by SolReaver@Oct 14 2003, 02:59 PM
. Is the 600cbr too much for a noob?

i started on a cbr600 and it was an excellent learning bike.

i suggest getting one, but you will soon have to seek more power though. :)

Originally posted by tedwright@Oct 16 2003, 01:16 PM
I had a 250 ninja. Great bike, they are more comfortable than bigger bikes, bc they aren't so aggressive. I had mine over 100 mph without any problems. A friend of mine just moved up, and he is selling his 2001 for 2k, he is in college and could use the $$. Upstate NY, if you are interested, hit me up for more info.

I live in Rochester, NY. I plan on buying a bike sometime in the April! If your buddy is still interested please let me know! Thanks!

Originally posted by dveit+Oct 16 2003, 05:25 PM-->
SolReaver
@Oct 14 2003, 02:59 PM
. Is the 600cbr too much for a noob?

i started on a cbr600 and it was an excellent learning bike.

i suggest getting one, but you will soon have to seek more power though. :)

That's the bike I want to start on b/c it's faster/looks better than a 250 or 500 ninja, and that the bike a couple of my friends are starting on...got to keep in pace!!

Still don't know though....a lot of people here like Frankie P, Luquid00meth, and Loco are telling me to start on the ninja!

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Oct 16 2003, 01:24 PM

Full coverage with a bad record how? Accidents, tickets? They make a difference in insurance, with bikes. I know for accidents it shouldn't go up too much, because the only thing that you will break in a bike is your neck. I say you might be spending at the absolute most, going sky high, $200 a month. I am going sky high, with a horrendous record, I am guessing for you $120. Depends on your age too, that makes a huge difference. As for getting a bike, if you live in So. California, there is a place called Bert's .... I don't remember anything other than Bert's, that is what all the riders call it, if you ask someone, they should know. If not, use google, type in some Kawasaki or used bike dealership, you should find something.

I will 23 years old and I will have 2 speeds and 2 accidents on my record!

Some people are telling me that it is going to cost me $600 full coverage for six months others tell me it is going to cost me $80 for six months!! I have no clue how much ins is going to cost me.

I guess I should go find out myself huh? <_<

if you really like the CBR get it just take it easy and you will be fine the older CBRs wont be toooo much bike but a good bit faster then the EX500

as far as insurance.... it depends on what county/state
I've seen prices go from a couple hundred to $9999 "comptuers wont show any higher"

I have a clean rec with ZERO tickets or crashes and I pay $83 a month thats with lia and comp if I want to add full coverage it would be an extra $1600 a year

most companies will not over you insurance for a bike if you have been in a wreck in the last 3 years only one I can think of that might is progressive 1800 auto pro
the rates might be pretty high
I would call around for insruance before you start looking for a bike

in PG County Maryland I've seen a few quotes of 4-5K a year for insurance even for 40+ year olds

all depends.... way to many factors

BTW piss on the EX250 at bare min get a EX500

www.ebaymotors.com yo

$80 for six months!!

I know for a fact that $80 for six months is bullshit, even with just liability that won't happen. I know it can be extremely high or extremely low, fluxuates(SP?) with bikes, but pretty much what Jeffie said is right on. I am still going to encourage a ninja, I guess you could say that I am a pussy, because I don't want to risk dropping a big/heavy bike that cost $8,000 or push the throttle to hard do a wheelie on accident, and land on my head. I start small and go big, better safe than sorry, those things are death traps.

most 600s wont just pull a wheelie unless you make them unless its a 2000 or newer

EX500 is such a toy bike I soooo push for Bandit/SV600 both can be had for cheap and have good power "12 sec 1/4 mile" and they wont kill you
Bandit 600S 27 a month for insruance =) even with comp!

Back