1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CROME D16Y8 Stock BIN file...

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by rfrumusa01, Aug 1, 2009.

1. rfrumusa01

rfrumusa01 Bean Cakes

Cannot seem to find a stock map for a D16Y8 anywhere... It is my understanding that there is a completely different timing setup from a Z6, so using a P28 bin file is out of the question. Anybody have or know where to find a stock Y8 map?

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

a z6 map will run a y8 pretty well, actually.

the ecu's are way different though... but you aren't going to run crome on an obd2 ecu anyway....

3. rfrumusa01

rfrumusa01 Bean Cakes

Well I have been told there is atleast a whole tooth of timing difference between the cam gear and distributor... so the ECU differences do not quite concern me so much. By using a OBD-1 Map on this engine, I could be using an ignition timing layout that is + or - several degrees of timing, inevitably reducing power output and risking detonation.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Regardless, it would still be useful to have this stock Y8 Map for tuning purposes on my setup.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted