1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cross-swapping 95 GSR and 00 Si?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by stmotorsports, Dec 6, 2007.

1. stmotorsports

stmotorsports Senior Member

so I've got a 2000 Civic Si with the stock B16 motor/trans and a 95 GSR with the stock GSR motor/trans. If i wanted to trade swaps between the two cars, as long as axles and mounts stay with the chassis, both should drop right in and mount up fine, right? I won't have to source any different mounts because x block is taller or mount is in different position or anything like that?

2. dtob

dtob New Member

Just one question.... why are you doing this?

3. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

Possible DD and Weekend Warrior in the making?

4. stmotorsports

pretty much. The Si is my own car and I've been looking to do a gsr swap for awhile now- something with more overall power, low end especially. I recently came across a sick deal on a complete gsr in decent condition, and already have a few potential buyers interested in the gsr with the jrsc B16/ITR setup thats currently in the Si.

OR i just may keep the gsr with the B16 for a dd, its a really nice car. Either way I couldn't pass up the deal on the gsr

5. stmotorsports

soo...

should i expect to have any probs with this?

i know axles should be the same, but I can run the B16 mounts on the GSR swap in the Civic and the GSR mounts on the B16 in the teg, right?

6. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

All you have to do is swap the block mount from the b16 and the gsr, this is the mount on the block under the t belt cover. Also the rear t brackets must stay with their respective vehicles.

7. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

x2.

8. stmotorsports

so this is due to the difference in block height, otherwise all other mounts will work?

9. killercannible

killercannible Senior Member

No this is due to the alignment within the engine bay of the different vehicles. If you did a b20/vtec you would have hood clearance issues but still have a straight engine in the bay.

10. stmotorsports

sorry to dig this up from the dead guys but I still haven't gotten this done yet

to make a long story short, the 'deal' on the 95 gsr ended up falling thru. I found a lot of 'hidden' stuff that was wrong with it at the last minute so I bailed.

The good news is in the meantime I found a 96 gsr which was in far nicer shape with no catches. It's got some mileage on it but I'm planning on swapping the B16 setup into the gsr & keeping that as a dd, rebuilding the gsr motor over the winter and swapping that into the Si in the spring.

so I got the part about switching the block mounts, what else will I need to make this whole thing work? I know I'll need to get a '00-spec P72 for the Si to pass NYSI, but other than that and probably stretching a few wires/etc, I should just be able to swap both drivelines leaving the wiring and everything else with their respective cars, right? ie- teg harness stays with teg, etc?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  11. stmotorsports

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted