1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crossmember help!!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by redlinerz, Jul 15, 2004.

1. redlinerz

redlinerz Member

I am putting a b16a into my crx and there isn't any clearence for the header.... should I just cut the crossmember to make it fit? Also is there any online how tos that can help me out? thanks

2. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

3. j_max420

j_max420 Junior Member

when i put the b16a in my hatch i cut the crossmember to fit, atleast on my hatch i only had to cut like a half inch

4. redlinerz

redlinerz Member

So I can just cut like half an inch and it should be fine? And what would happen if the crossmember should break one day that I am driving? And can I just bang it in with a sledge hammer instead of cutting it?

5. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

DON'T cut it. Beat the shinola out of it!

If you have the money, and upgraded crossmember is a very wise investment.

6. j_max420

j_max420 Junior Member

all i cut was the lip off the crossmember, i am a mechanic it is not gonna effect anything. that or get gsr headers i do believe they are alittle smaller

7. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

I just beat the shit out of it until the header fit. You only need to make a 4" wide, 1/2" deep dent and you'll have clearance.

8. redlinerz

redlinerz Member

what do you think of a place racing crossmember? is it worth it? and how do I order one since they dont got a website up.. someone had told me it was about $150.. thanks guys

9. redlinerz

redlinerz Member

if i just use a stock b18 exhaust manifold would I still have to bash in my crossmember?

10. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

not worth it, if your gonna put out money for one get one that will help w/traction, like the jim fab or z10, but for 150, just smack that mutha

11. PHOBIA

PHOBIA Senior Member

we have this exact thread going on honda-acura.net,and if your the same redlinerz that i think you are we, coverd it.i used a die grinder,the gsr headers a longer not shorter.i have a dc header from a gsr on my car now and it grinds because it hangs to low.i also cut the lip on my crossmember and beat the ever loving fuck outa it with a sledge hammer,keep in mind its pretty damn strong.if you have a torch i would heat it up first and then wake the shit outa it.

12. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

i am using place racing mounts in my crx and i have no clearance issues with the header i am using (matrix header for an LS) while on the subject...i didn't even have to bang in the shock tower for the alternator pulley clearance...it's wierd if you ask me because every swap i've ever done using these same mounts, they all have clearance issues.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted