Crossmembers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2phatt

After 2 months of working on putting a crossmember in my 90 civic, I have had
an experience hopefully I can help someone else avoid.
The 2 crossmembers available of any note are, The Jimfab or the Z10. The
Jimfab costs about a $100 less. Jimfab has no address or phone # and after
several failed attempts to order, I went and bought the Z10. Bad Mistake!
$500 later, 2 crossmembers later and I still have problems.

1. Tow hook holes wouldn't line up with tow hook holes in unibody. I had to ream out all 6 holes about 80 thousandths.
2. It, the z10 doesn't come with radiator mounts, (they don't tell you this). You are suppose to cut up your old rubber mounts to make this work. My civic was assembled in canada and the mounts are different, they wont work with the z10.
3. Jim at z10 said they would send me the mounts to make it work. 2 weeks later
and 4 or 5 phone calls later, I find out from the manager that, this idiot Jim has
been lying for 2 weeks about sending me the mounts, and had no intention of doing so.
4. The z10 has about $45 worth of material and about an hour of labor. It isn't worth the money at all. The people at z10 are rip offs and would be best avoided.

Just because it costs alot doesn't mean its the best product and the z10 crossmember prooves this.

Ralph Spencer

sorry about your experience on looking for the Jimfab products.

We are an authorized Warehouse distributor and retailer. We can answer any questions any one has. Our company has been given the job to do this to help Jimfab since all they do is manufacture and cannot reply on emails promptly as we can.

wow, yeah i know a couple guys running jim fab crossmems and they've had no problems, maybe this was just a slip up...

i have/had the jimfab bar on my rex. perfect fit, and worth every penny. better luck if you decide to go jimfab.

I put the JimFab on my Canadian build 91 Si a few months ago. Everything went perfectly.

I have a local shop that stocks all the JimFab crossmembers. They offer reasonable prices, and ship out same day of orders.

If I'd have seen a post on here asking where to buy one, I'd have gladly let you know.

Ask GSRCRXsi, I hooked him up with the shop number and a contact, and he's got the JimFab on his car now.

:thumbsup: JimFab :thumbsup:

Back