Crossover install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hey Im trying to put a crossover into my system that i have now...I hooked power, ground and remote up (duh). My buddy told me to plug the RCAs from my head unit into the sub input on my xover and from the sub out port to the amp...Well i tried this, got power, but no sound...any ideas on what it could be? There is a Line Out port, and a Subwoofer Port on the in side There is a Line Out, Subwoofer and High Pass port on the output side....Then somehow trying to hook it up I blew the 50 amp fuse in my 4 gauge power wire...luckily circuit city is nice and gave me a free one..So I dont know where to put the RCAs.. That is my only problem. Thanks alot for your help!

If you were wondering...the xover is a Audiobahn AX206X, and the amp is the GP1100.2

Was the amp working before you tried to install the xover? As in not blowing fuses?

Any particular reason you're using the xover? Are you going to run coaxials/components off another amp?

Yea the amp was working. It was powered on and my digital display was working, but like said nothing was coming out.

Im using it for competition. i need to make my subs clearer for better bass. You know what i mean..I planned on hooking up a small amp to my front speakers but i dont have the money yet...new clutch is more important lol!

Thanks for your help so far...least you replied. noone else has anywhere else

Try using a different set of inputs/outputs on the xover. Like the highpass ins/outs.

Not to be a dick either, but recheck all your connections for power/ground/remote.

Ok I will do that thanks alot..i never thought about the xover setting on the amp. I will go and double check my wiring again...It should be good. even though now its just sitting in my back panel. I unhooked it all so i would still have a system when i didnt have that.

once again.. thanks for your help...ill let ya know how it goes tomorrow...im bout to go to work now

Hey Im trying to put a crossover into my system that i have now...I hooked power, ground and remote up (duh). My buddy told me to plug the RCAs from my head unit into the sub input on my xover and from the sub out port to the amp...Well i tried this, got power, but no sound...any ideas on what it could be? There is a Line Out port, and a Subwoofer Port on the in side There is a Line Out, Subwoofer and High Pass port on the output side....Then somehow trying to hook it up I blew the 50 amp fuse in my 4 gauge power wire...luckily circuit city is nice and gave me a free one..So I dont know where to put the RCAs.. That is my only problem. Thanks alot for your help!

If you were wondering...the xover is a Audiobahn AX206X, and the amp is the GP1100.2

Looks like your buddy told you wrong, plug the rca's from the amp to the sub input on the xover, and then the rca's from the headunit into the sup output on the xover.

Ok how are you going to tell me to do exactly what my friend said to do? Don't be ripping on my friends when you try to give me the same advice. You are stupid lol

Ok how are you going to tell me to do exactly what my friend said to do? Don't be ripping on my friends when you try to give me the same advice. You are stupid lol
No, I was telling you to do the opposite of what your friend said to do, but now that i've reread it, yo ucan disregard

Last edited:
You want to take the output from the HU -> input on xover and then from the output of xover -> input of amp.

You want to take the output from the HU -> input on xover and then from the output of xover -> input of amp.
that's why I just said to disregard what I said, I am stupid today. I read the original post like 5 times to see how he had it hooked up and I still read it wrong

o geez lol...ok on that note im going to bed...im going to work on this tomorrow when i decide to wake up lol thanks for your help guys

Ok so i got it all hooked up, I had to put the RCAs from the HU into the sub in port. And the output was high-pass to the amp. It sounds really good. It was hard to get my settings on the xover all right, and they still arent right lol..There is like 10 different settings i can set but i have no idea what the best settings would be yet. But thank you for all your help! It does sound really good though. I like it...

Back