Crossover tubes, and rifling new ideas for HP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fianna_fail

What do you guys think about crossover tubes between 1st and 4th header primaries, and in between the 2nd and 3rd primary tubes!

Also rifling the barrel of a gun in your intake runners, and header tubes!
Just ideas I have been kicking around in my head! I see the benefits, and possible
no benefits of the idea!

Just want to get feed back on what you guys can brainstorm about it!

Rifiling barrels is to make the bullet spin and become more accurate... I don't really see how it'll help.. But then again them tornado things advertise more HP and better gas milage...

Well yes rifling does make a bullet spin to make it more accurate! Take 2 2-liter Pepsi or coke bottles! Fill them both with water! Let one pour out! Take the other one and shake it in a circle until the water spins like a toilet! And see which one empties faster! The one that's water is spinning empties faster!

My point is if an intake runner, and exhaust header tube, had either rifling in them, or spiralled fins in them, like a tornado! It would cause the air, and fuel together, and the spent exhaust gases! To spiral into the cylinder quicker, and also helping expel exhaust gases quicker! From everything I have ever read about cars! Getting that spiralling air/fuel mixture in the cylinder is what you want! I can't remember the whole reason why! Something to do with getting more in the quench area, and therefore more better combustion or something to that effect!

My problem with the tornado is that is a good idea! But that spinning air going into the intake, spins itself right into the very back of the intake plenum! When most of it hits the back wall of the plenum. I would think the spiralling motion would be scattered! Therefore losing it's spiral motion. That is why I thought screw it! Rifle the damn intake runners, and the exhaust! Quick in, quick out all good! Right!? Maybe good for what!? An extra? let's say!? 5 to 15 hp!? Maybe?

But I am not too sure? One mechanis I work with! Said something about it working, but being too damn fast in and out! And some back pressure is good? Which it is? But I don't quite believe the too fast in and out theory. What do you guys think!

You know what!? One of you has connections! Get your buddy or friend at the machine shop to cut spiral rifling in your junk intake laying around, or your junk header, bolt it up and see what happens!

Wow! you really like the !'s don't you! I dunno but Im not gonna try it.

If you really want to make a difference, get a degree in fluid dynamics.

Then design us a intake/head/exhaust package that optimizes air flow in and out of the engine.

Some guy on HT did this a few years back and got well over 300HP from a SOHC VTEC engine NA.

It's all in the head he says.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Jan 1 2005, 03:25 PM
[post=439884]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Jan 1 2005, 04:25 PM

Then design us a intake/head/exhaust package that optimizes air flow in and out of the engine.

Some guy on HT did this a few years back and got well over 300HP from a SOHC VTEC engine NA.

It's all in the head he says.
[post=439884]Quoted post[/post]​

wellover 300 hp? id have to see this...got a lionk to the thread?

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Jan 2 2005, 08:40 AM
http://www.bisimoto.com

All motor SOHC VTEC - 10.02 in the 1/4

Do the math!
[post=440035]Quoted post[/post]​

When I talked to them, they said it was in the mid 200's, but yes, it is mostly all in the head.

OMG, how about you kill me over it....

He's getting more HP than your H22 comes with.

10.02 ALL MOTOR SINGLE CAM

That's IMPRESSIVE

I'll bet ALL the guys on this board don't even come close to his times.

I'm probably the closest at 10.2 on my bike

wow someone appears to be getting a little defensive here.... calm down there buddy i was simply stating i did not think that those power #'s were possible from that engine, and frankly i was right cause they arent making that much power. I never said he didnt have more power than my h22, and i never said he wasnt fast.... 10.2 is very fast. fcat of the matter is, "well over 300hp out of a sohc vtec NA" is far different than mid 250's. so dont get all angry im not here to argue with u

the coke bottle thing, the one spinning drains faster because air can enter. when you drain something like a coke bottle, its a 2-way system, water comes out while air goes in. in a engine its different, everything is 1 way. just because the air swirls inside the runners and plenum doesnt mean itll swirl inside the combustion chamber.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 3 2005, 05:39 PM
Eh, 240ish whp, 300 crank hp- it's about the same.
[post=440476]Quoted post[/post]​

Just poking this with a stick, but wouldn't it, based on the common 12-15% powerloss, be around 268-270ish at the wheels? And since the engine output and drivetrain are top notch, the losses be even lower?

Come on Allmotor, calm down, there's no persecution here homie.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jan 3 2005, 03:16 PM-->
@Jan 3 2005, 05:39 PM
Eh, 240ish whp, 300 crank hp- it's about the same.
[post=440476]Quoted post[/post]​

Just poking this with a stick, but wouldn't it, based on the common 12-15% powerloss, be around 268-270ish at the wheels? And since the engine output and drivetrain are top notch, the losses be even lower?

[post=440562]Quoted post[/post]​

werd

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jan 3 2005, 02:16 PM

[post=440562]Quoted post[/post]​

Poke you back. :)

I always go by a 15% loss, and that would put you at 255whp for 300hp, and only 264whp if you're going by a 12% loss.

Back