crower 404 cams and turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drcivicb2

does anybody if its possible to run crower 404 cams in a b18 with turbo i kno i have to retard intake cam and advance exhaust but will i still make power out of my cams with a turbo????

itll make power, but itll make you prone to detonation even with the timing retarded. I would talk to a reputable honda tuner before going through with that.

high over lap (like the crower 404s offer) is not a good thing on a turbo engine. It allows the back pressure from the turbo to build up in the combustion chamber causing higher temps and makes the mixture more prone to predetonate (the leading cause of blown rods).

it wouldnt hurt, but it wouldnt help a lot. you see real gains when add the turbo. it helps with power and with safety.

yea dats wat i was thinking just getting a stage 2 competition head work from IB.com and skunk2 intake manifold and 68mm throttle body and cower 404s ajustable cam gears springs and retainers also from crower and light crank and stage 3 clutch on a ls motor for now and then try to resale my cams and by turbo cams for my tubo also from crower would i be able to do dat????

Sure, if you have the money to waste. I would just buy the set of cams you're going to want to use. It's not like you're going to gain a ton of power with 404s on low compression pistons anyway.

Whatever you want. I'm just saying it's pointless to spend money on all-motor parts if you're going to go with boost later- unless you just have cash to throw away.

iight so my best bet is going turbo to begin with ok put does anybody know were i can get my computer tuned so that i can pass emissions later i live in illinois so any sites dat does computer tune

itll make power, but itll make you prone to detonation even with the timing retarded. I would talk to a reputable honda tuner before going through with that.

high over lap (like the crower 404s offer) is not a good thing on a turbo engine. It allows the back pressure from the turbo to build up in the combustion chamber causing higher temps and makes the mixture more prone to predetonate (the leading cause of blown rods).

:werd:

See if you can trade em to somebody for some dedicated turbo cams (i.e. high lift, but very short durration).

Back