crower stage 3 full race cams?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gboogiect

all motor baby!!
i heard good things about these cams and i want to put them in my 95 GSR, would i lose low end torque and power? i havent port and polished the head yet but im planning to later but i just wanted some imput on it.

ya not a good idea to throw in stage 3 cams on a stock valve train and rev to 8400k... atleast i wouldnt do it.... i would recomend getting a valve train...

Your gsr engine doesnt flow enough to even take advantage of those camshafts. Like Blanco said, more compression is definately a good thing, but your head will need to be beefed up quite a bit. Plan on spending some money...

As far as milling the head, I wouldn't go more than 0.030. Decking the block...not a big fan of that at all. Two layer HG (thinner), not such a bad idea when milling the head, just as long as you keep your stock pistons. If you do infact replace them, stay in the 11:1 ratio.

Easy way out, mill the head and run a thinner head gasket.
As for the camshafts, I'm all for oem. ITR would do well in that setup.
Ditch that intake manifold and throttle body and get a skunk2 setup.

Last edited:
You can mill the head quite a bit as long as you have adjustable cam gears to degree the cams with. In fact, it's actually better because you don't get a big piston dome that splits the flame front, causing a less complete burn and "cool" spots. Flatter pistons are better for flame propagation.

True, but when you mill the head, your bringing those valves closer to the pistons either way. I remember in school, engines... something about clearance issues (not p/v), but for some reason its not coming to me...

Back