Crower Stroker Kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EdrikLongtail

Im still new to honda's and engines and still, But I must say im learning new stuff everyday about honda and stuff so i got tons of questions still to ask. :D . So im here to pick ur brains again so here we go B) :rolleyes:

Crower 4340 Stroker kit

The stock bore and stroke on a LS engine 94-95 is 81 bore(mm) and 89 stroke(mm). The Crower stroker kit or the lowest runs at 81 bore(mm) and 92 stroke(mm). I was wondering if the 3(mm) will be a problem?. I know its not much but i wish to know now befor I do something down the road and go ahh f*ck.

thanks for reading my post and if u can help me also be a great help
thanks
~Edrik

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Apr 12 2003, 08:50 PM
Im still new to honda's and engines and still, But I must say im learning new stuff everyday about honda and stuff so i got tons of questions still to ask. :D . So im here to pick ur brains again so here we go B) :rolleyes:

Crower 4340 Stroker kit

The stock bore and stroke on a LS engine 94-95 is 81 bore(mm) and 89 stroke(mm). The Crower stroker kit or the lowest runs at 81 bore(mm) and 92 stroke(mm). I was wondering if the 3(mm) will be a problem?. I know its not much but i wish to know now befor I do something down the road and go ahh f*ck.

thanks for reading my post and if u can help me also be a great help
thanks
~Edrik

stroker kits are somewhat controversial. i personally am for them. they do make more power by adding displacement.... but they also alter the rod to stroke ratio of the engine (usally in a nevative way). so is the question is: benifits the extra displacement outweigh the drawbacks of the worse r/s ratio? i say yes... for sure. as brian (pissedoffsol) said "r/s ratio is a bunch of talked about bullshit, there are chevys with 1.4:1 r/s ratios revvin' to 9 grand". i'm with him, i think that it's a bunch of BS. but the other drawback of a stroker kit is that they're expensive and there are usally better ways to spend the money to get more power out of your car other than a stroker kit.

but if i did get it.. would the 3 mm really make a difference or make problems though?..

Originally posted by EdrikLongtail@Apr 12 2003, 11:04 PM
but if i did get it.. would the 3 mm really make a difference or make problems though?..

for god's sake, if you're gonna stoke it, don't go 92, go 95mm... don't be a pussy 'bout it. but sleeve it to 84mm before you stroke it, you'll gain the same amount of displacement for less $$$. and when you do stroke it, if you have it sleeved too... then you'll gain even more displacement from the stroke then you would have if you did it when you had the stock bore... follow me? sleeve it and stroke it and you'll have a 2.1L b-series monster!!! boost that biaach and you'll be unstopable.

IMO, its a waste of money. its like 3 grand?? something like that. for 3 grand, i could think of a lot better ways to spend money to go faster.

thing of it this way- from the fastest hondas out

lisa kubo- stock bore/stroke GSR
Ed burgenholtz- stock bore/stroke GSR

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 13 2003, 01:15 AM
IMO, its a waste of money.  its like 3 grand?? something like that.  for 3 grand, i could think of a lot better ways to spend money to go faster.

thing of it this way- from the fastest hondas out

lisa kubo- stock bore/stroke GSR
Ed burgenholtz- stock bore/stroke GSR

it's not 3 grand, it's 2300. and for 2300 you get a crank, rods, pistons and rings. it's not bad at all if you're buildin' an engine and you're gonna buy the other shit anyways.

and you forgot to list stephen's bored and stroked h22 :p .

not anymore,
he's RWD NSX powered civic now....

aemdrag.gif

boring im not worring about i could always have sleeved with no problem.. the stroke is what im worried about though. I reading on some forums that some people have to take out the squirters and stuff (bad spelling i know) because the stroke is high. And idk if im rdy to be taken out squirters and or w/e..

Stroker kits are a waste. You could do tons with the same cash. And your price does not factor in the money for the machine shop. On a side note, R/S ratio's are not bullshit. I'm cannot explain the math, and have not learned-as I do not screw with strokers. But SCC did a great article breaking it all down a while ago. Many R/S ratios will work, but the question is for how long and power made.

stroker kits give you great power and torque...

rod to stroke ratio is not a bunch of BS. it is primarily important if you want long term reliability...y?...because lower r/s ratio tends to push the pistons towards the cylinder walls instead of easily pushing them up.... thus causing premature wear on the cyl.walls

displacement.... its true... bigger is better

it doesnt matter if you win by an inch or a mile..... winning is winning.....where did i heard that??? duh!!!

When I think of a N/A motor I think of parts that cost less than a turbo.

Back