Cruising around in the rice burner

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Prowler

Super Moderator
Here's a video my friend shot today of me just driving around. Nothing special, but taking corners at 50mph and doing the quarter mile. I have no idea why the camera doesn't show how sharp those corners are. If they were banked at all, I could take it faster. But the cheapo Hankook tires couldn't hold it. You can't tell in the video, but the tires are screaming a bit.

http://videos.autoshowoff.net/05-11-05.wmv <--- Windows Media Player format

http://videos.autoshowoff.net/05-11-05.avi <--- DivX format

Long live the D16Y8 !

Can't wait to get the Greddy exhaust put on end of this month. The Magnaflow doesn't sound good, although the resonator helped a lot. It's only raspy in VTEC.

Yeah yeah... It's boring, but it's mainly for those who know the car and wanted to hear the Magnaflow exhaust. B)

I love the Magnaflow 'plop-plop' when you let off the gas....

And when'd you get the stripe? You took it off like...right after you watched the video, right?

:p

the car looks good. it's a 4door which makes it even more unique. i'd have to agree with you about the exhaust. i don't like the sound of it but it's good to know you're getting a new one.

Leave the stripe - it accents the wheels quite well. I don't think it's gaudy or anything. Jesus, I need to go to Idaho, if you can fuck around like that on the highway.

No joke about moving to idaho...there is no place in texas that looks like that...only places that empty look like white trash trailer parks or desert

cool video Nate and it sounds pretty decent to me. that popping from your exhaust reminds me of the Rally cars for some reason. oh and keep the stripe. i like it :)

Originally posted by Drake+May 12 2005, 05:03 PM-->
Car looks pretty good. What part of Idaho are you from?
[post=498569]Quoted post[/post]​

Lewiston, right on the Washington/Idaho border. A little less than two hours from Spokane.

BodyDroppedNikes
@May 12 2005, 05:40 PM
cool video Nate and it sounds pretty decent to me. that popping from your exhaust reminds me of the Rally cars for some reason. oh and keep the stripe. i like it :)
[post=498589]Quoted post[/post]​

I intend to keep it. It was a gift from a friend. He did the whole stripe free hand on the car from a 2" wide stripe. It was pretty impressive. He got it exactly how I wanted it. Now once I get the tint....

Nice video, I was making a similar one on the blue ridge parkway up in the NC mountains earlier this spring but was discovered by local law enforcement. He traded me my videotape for my freedom.... I guess it was fair.

Back