cruize control

i want to put cruze control in my car, can i do it witht the right tools and know-how?

• possible, lots of work, a good mid-to-high level project

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • very possible, worth it for a good price

• go for it, and make a how-to post

• reading instructions pwnZ

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92dxhatch

i have a 92 dx hatch, 15b7, manual, stock ecu, stock all around as far as electrical. i use my car as a daily commuter, and i periodically go out of state for various reasons, so i put alot of miles on my car. i want to put a cruize control unit into it and be lazy and stop leaving my foot on the gas all the time. is it possible, i'm not that knowledgeable about the cruize control system, i have a hanes manual and it doesn't look complicated, i'm thinking it's plug it all up and wire a few wires here and there, and done, but then again i've never tackled such a thing, please reply only if you have decent advice pertaining to this topic, other wise just read please.

thanks

~92dxhatch

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Sep 23 2005, 06:11 PM
i have a 92 dx hatch, 15b7, manual, stock ecu, stock all around as far as electrical. i use my car as a daily commuter, and i periodically go out of state for various reasons, so i put alot of miles on my car. i want to put a cruize control unit into it and be lazy and stop leaving my foot on the gas all the time. is it possible, i'm not that knowledgeable about the cruize control system, i have a hanes manual and it doesn't look complicated, i'm thinking it's plug it all up and wire a few wires here and there, and done, but then again i've never tackled such a thing, please reply only if you have decent advice pertaining to this topic, other wise just read please.

thanks

~92dxhatch
[post=559541]Quoted post[/post]​

:doh: The poll don't work

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Sep 23 2005, 06:13 PM
yeah, sorry
[post=559543]Quoted post[/post]​

It works fine.. You just have to vote on everything at once : )

Do it and do a tech article.. I am for certain going to be doing this to my 92 cx.

well, cruize control woulda been nice on my drive back from FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rawr:

If your car doesn't already have it, It might be kinda hard to put in beacause there is the cruise box, that sits on top of the drivers side engine mount, the brain of the unit that is located under the left driver's kick panel and a shitload of wiring to be done.

the wiring i can do, not a big deal, i just need to know about how much time this is going to cost me, and is it difficult. i figure it's not that big of a task, but will be challenging, thanks all for the comments, please continue.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Sep 24 2005, 09:47 AM
the wiring i can do, not a big deal, i just need to know about how much time this is going to cost me, and is it difficult. i figure it's not that big of a task, but will be challenging, thanks all for the comments, please continue.
[post=559750]Quoted post[/post]​

Its an option that can be installed at the dealership, So it Can't be that bad. You might call a dealer and ask how much it would cost for a cruise control kit.. See if they have one and how much they would charge you to install it..

That should give you the inspiration to do it yourself :D

WHAT THE CRAP!!!, 154 views and no advice on cruize controll systems, am i to belive that everyone here at HS know "jack" about these systems??? i know there is someone!! 'moderators' test your knowledge, do you know anything about this???

Cruise control adds like 10 pounds to the car. Now if you take the stock horsepower of a honda (7) and add 10 hp for racing stripes and neons, you are up to 17hp.. subtract 32 HP from the total for all that fat ass weight you just added and you have -15hp.... You'll have to strap on 4 briggs and statton engines just to get down the road...

and those fuckers weigh like 35 pounds each...

Quoted post[/post]]
Cruise control adds like 10 pounds to the car. Now if you take the stock horsepower of a honda (7) and add 10 hp for racing stripes and neons, you are up to 17hp.. subtract 32 HP from the total for all that fat ass weight you just added and you have -15hp.... You'll have to strap on 4 briggs and statton engines just to get down the road...

can you not read!!!, oh sorry you can't. if you would of you would have seen that i'm not going for hp, it a DAILY COMMUTER you freak, its a whole nother story if i were just wanting it in my all motor. please forgive me for being rude, but its a simple question, thats all.please help.

oh and one more thing, neons and strips are for the chemically imballanced dumb nutcracker's thinking their 4hp all motor ricer is the shiznit.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

can you not read!!!, oh sorry you can't. if you would of you would have seen that i'm not going for hp, it a DAILY COMMUTER you freak, its a whole nother story if i were just wanting it in my all motor. please forgive me for being rude, but its a simple question, thats all.please help.

oh and one more thing, neons and strips are for the chemically imballanced dumb nutcracker's thinking their 4hp all motor ricer is the shiznit.

Dude.. That was a joke... promise.

I just posted earlier in the thread that I would be doing the exact same thing..

So, put down the crack pipe, get to work, take some pics and make a tech article dammit!

Back