Crv B20 vtec in 6th gen civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

khai_tuan_nguyen

I just finished the B20b swap into my 1997 civic hx. Here are some questions i have for you guys. Basically its a B20B block, remachined with Arias pistons and a 2000 si head. All internals on block are stock except the pistons. Everything on the head is also stock (distrubitor, alternator etc). We did put new belts on, spark plugs etc. I am running 4-1 DC LS ceramic headers and greddy evo exhaust with a universal catalytic converter (2.5 inch piping all the way) MY ECU is off of a GSR and my injectors are 250cc. I am running on OBD2 with both O2 sensors and knock sensor etc.

1) What are some of the problems that might happen to me with my setup. For example not enough fuel, engine cutting off, reliability etc.

2) Cars usually idle high when you first start them and as it warms up the idle goes down. Mine idles at about 1100 and as it warms up idles about 1500. anyone know why? IS this normal?

3) Is it normal for a car to idle that high?

4) Also it is hard to find the correct timing for the car to idle high enough to start up and have enough power? Any suggestions how much i should idle it at.

Thanks

Stop posting the same thing!
I just got finished reading the other thread you started.
People will answer if they know.
Damn...

Please refer to our FAQ. There is no need to post your topic more than once.

This topic has been closed by a moderator. Please continue your question in the other thread that you started.

Thanks, Moderating Team

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back