CRV ecu or...?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Good evening, I'm gathering up parts for a B20 swap and have looked into the search/help sections for the different ECU's NOT finding a number for the CRV..

Would the LS/b18a ecu work without problems of running lean because it's larger. OR just use larger injectors.

I just read of using DSM injectors on another site that looked very promising..
I can't seem to find the link right now.

E

p75 ecu will be fine. all obd1/2 b-series use 240cc injectors.

using dms injectors is possible, but they are 450cc, and will need to be tuned with a chip, etc. you cannot run something that big without it.

Thanks B, So I shouldn't try to use the PR-4? (since i already have it from the car I stripped, 90 ls)
What it looks like is the P74/P75 is OBD1 92-95 ls/gs.. (P75 looks to be a 96-00 ls/gs)
So I would need a obd1 dizzy too? or just rewire the plug?

And what is the ECU code for the 97-98 CRV B20b4 5spd?

I'm trying to stockpile parts so i'm not 'looking' for this or that at the last minuet, and not have things work right.
I wonder if my extra 92 accord injectors would work..? It would be cheaper to get them cleaned and flowed by RC or Marren than to go and find new.

Again, thank you. E

Well, it really depends what chassis its going into. the pr4 and p75's are pretty much the same thing map wise, just different obd.

You need matching ecu/distributor/injectors/alternator of the same obd.

i'm not sure what the ecu code is for the b20b... no one usses them. not sure if its due to the 4x4 stuff or not (as some are 2wd)

Sorry for the delay. It hopefully will be going into a 90 civ 4dr,to a LS 5spd.

I already had the 90 teg stripped a couple years ago and after buying the 4dr, I started gathering info here and learning more and more. Picked up a intake/dizzy/harness from a EX earlier this summer for the MPI swap..

That's where this disease gets worse. By reading of the B20xx is the same dims of a b18a and will bolt up to the B20.
I'd most likely have had all my parts lined up to swap then, I just can't help thinking "what if I did do the B20b swap"...?
SO I may as well b20 it.

Another thing.. (i really don't want to start another thread)
Would the B18 injectors be taxed to be used in the B20 with the STOCK, non chipped P74/5 or PR4?
Should I just use a set of F22's out of an accord and hope the 'maps' will let it run nicely?

E

the injectors wont be taxed at all. all b series injectors are the same. from what ive seen most people who do a b20 swap they will run LS ecu on them and have no problems.

however... you could make it run a little better with some tuning, being that the intake manifold will be changed and the ecu was designed to run a 1.8liter. the duty cyle on the injectors is probably a little different.

Thanks. It's just a long-block. NO anything else.

Then that's it. I'll just use the B18 exterior stuff and have RC clean the injectors..

E

p75 ecu will be fine. all obd1/2 b-series use 240cc injectors.

using dms injectors is possible, but they are 450cc, and will need to be tuned with a chip, etc. you cannot run something that big without it.

thanks for the negative rep on this post. lol WTF?

Attachments

• HondaSwap Forums - User Control Panel_1257053558012.png
    HondaSwap Forums - User Control Panel_1257053558012.png
    3.4 KB · Views: 192
ME??
Sorry if I offended, I meant that you most always give good, factual advise. "Most always" meaning that IF there might be a jab, it's an inside joke between you and that person that isn't taken that seriously.
It should have read- without (an) attitude.. NO-- D
I've never seen the "rep" thing until joining this site, and have just used 'thanks' in a response. I'm learning to be more generous of repping someone that deserves it.

E

Last edited:
Back