1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crv Pistons In Ls Block

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ChaseRsX, Jan 16, 2003.

1. ChaseRsX

ChaseRsX Junior Member

I am building up a ls motor. No vtec, just stock. One of the sleeves is a little damaged so I have to bore it out. I was wondering if I bored it to 84 mm, would the crv pistons fit right it?

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

Boring the stock sleeves out to 84 mm will leave you with paper thin cylinder walls. You would have to sleeve the block.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yup. However, if you bore to 84mm the CRV pistons will fit... but I would recommend getting aftermarket forged pistons if you're boring out a B18.

4. sensation

sensation Junior Member

You be better off not using Crv pistons. They make less compression than the ls ones. You be better off getting aftermarket ones.

5. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

it would work well only if you do two things. 1) sleeve the block to make it stronger as you will be making the cylinder walls smaller. 2) Turbo it with the b20b pistons as they are lower compression (like 8.5:1 I believe). You should be able to turn the boost up pretty high with this setup. Otherwise you could sleve it and go NA in which case you'll need aftermarket pistons. Either way it has to be sleeved when boring it out. This is the main drawback to honda motors :( .

6. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Chase- one other option is to just go with a .5mm overbore. Honda manufactures all their pistons at stock sizes, and then .5mm larger in diameter... all for the purpose of what you're doing now. If you just want to preserve the engine/sleeve by boring and rehoning, go to 81.5mm and use another set of OEM pistons.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted