Crv/vtec Or Gsr?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TYPE-R-RACER

WHATS UP PEEP!

MY QUESTION IS WEATHER I SHOULD GET A CRV/VTEC SWAP OR GO WITH A GSR. I HAVE A 95 CIVIC COUPE. I WANT TO IN THE LONG RUN ADD TURBO TO MY CAR AND MAKE IT HALL ASS. HELL ANYTHING AT THIS POINT WILL BE BETTER THAN THAT PIECE OF CHIT D16. I ALSO NEED TO KNOW THE ACTUAL PRICE RANGE OF A CRV/VTEC INSTALLED AND READY TO GO AT A SHOP. I SEE MORE POSSIBILITIES WITH THE CRV/VTEC THAN WITH A GSR. UNLESS YOU COULD PROVE OTHERWISE.

I don't understand why everyone is so hyped about xx/vtec setups. It only makes things complicated for someone who isn't an expert on it.

GSR all the way. Use the extra money to buy more parts.

if you have some good knowledge on the ls-cr/vtec do it. my lsvtec ran very strong, but its not for someone who hasnt done there homework on it.

Well I would just stick with the 1.8, either way you are going to have to resleeve if you want to quote "hall ass" with a turbo set up since our cyclinder walls suck for FI. If you build a CRVTEC you are going to have to piece it together, the tranny, ecu, axles, head, distributor, alternator, harness, etc.....GSR swap could be had for 2500-3500 in price, like i said the CRV bottom end is 500-900 at places, to be honest there is absolutly no reason to get a CRV bottom if you plan on sleeving your motor anyways. The LS motor is the same except it has a 81mm bore.

Milan

Back