1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crvtec???

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by zack zerr, Jan 30, 2010.

1. zack zerr

zack zerr New Member

well i think i might be getting a b20 vtec from my brother... i live in st louis and the car is in texas..... b16 head and i need dizzy and ecu... i have a chipped p28 for my old mini me... will it work?? and who has the dizzy i got cash...please help susposed to leave for taxes on feb 11...... crunch time

2. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

The Chipped P28 will work.....with a different Base Map for the new set up. It will not be safe to run it as is though. It may start it up and such but fuel maps and simply air/fuel ratio would be pretty far off. Since you had a mini-me...do yo have the engine harness still? It shoudl work with a few extensions. Was the dizzy on the mini-me OBD1? If so....you shouldn't have a problem sourcing out a OBD1 B16A dizzy.

3. zack zerr

zack zerr New Member

ya the dizzy was obd1 for a z6 will it work... all i need to do is get it home...will the p28 mess up anything if i use it to get home?

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I don't think that dizzy will work (efficiently at least). And its a little sketchy to drive it on a D-series base map especially the distance you are speaking of. If you can get a tow (or rent a car dolly from u-haul)...I would do that....ACTUALLY.....I would re-program/tune it in Texas somewhere then go home. Tow it to the dyno too.

Get your Brother to find out a shop in Texas If he's got a B20VTEC...he should have access to shop locations too. Get a chip through them if time constaints are an issue and you can just tow it to them. You'll leave ready to head home shifting at 9K

Or at the very very least, get a new base map on your P28

5. jowilson275

jowilson275 91' Si B16A

i dont think ecu's chipped for sohc like to play with dohc

6. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

i agree with cafrog, get a basemap for a b20vtec before you even attempt to drive it. once that was taken care of, i'd be very interested in seeing if endyn was even remotely close to where i was located.
    The Old One - Energy Dynamics

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted