Crvtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I recommend Je pistons for the Honda/Acura motors. I have them in my turbo crvtec engine and have had good luck with them in other applications in the past. I'd also recommend a South Florida Performance Block guard. If you need any of this stuff check out my website. I can hook ya up.

Originally posted by hondavtecsi@Feb 27 2003, 08:27 PM
What pistons are best to use? The block is bored 84.5mm. Is the block still good to drive on everyday at that bore with sleeves?

Thanks

Scott

It's fine to drive with that bore, resleeved or not. It's only .5mm over, and that's pretty standard to remove when you're refreshing a block.

ugg this is getting to be expensive.......
had to switch from OBD1 to OBD2 (full) to get the system to work correctly with the head......
as for the power loss...
could be the # of problems we found when we opened up the engine to see what the ass-wad mechanic did.
OMFG what a mess.

so, one more round of new parts and it should be right.
hey Cal- do you know of anyone using a crv transmission in their swap?
we have been pouring over docs and it looks like the gears are larger and stronger but it would be limited on the top end,
we are wondering if I were to use the tranny from one could it help prevent wheel spin by taking more time to "spool" up?
I have seen H22's race with little or no wheel spin on launch, just a chirp, and they get out of the hole fast.
since I can't put the prelude tenasmission on this swap what do you think about crv transmission?

thanx :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I've never seen anyone use a CR-V transmission with their B20. My impression is that the mounts are different going into the car, but I'm not sure. Don't try to control your wheel spin by using a bulkier tranny or taller gears- just be more careful in your launches. The shorter gears on the other transmissions will help you more with your raw acceleration.

STAY AWAY FROM JG.

I almost made that mistake. Javier is a :fr:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 11 2003, 02:32 AM
STAY AWAY FROM JG.

Dang... this is definately not the first time I've heard that. Everyone in all the forums I can think of says the same thing. I wonder what happend to JG? They use to be the shit. :wtf:

whats the biggest bore u can run on a dialy driver (b20/vtec) and still be reliable, keeping in mind this motor is suppose to read 8000+ revs

Originally posted by 22crazy@Mar 11 2003, 07:55 PM
whats the biggest bore u can run on a dialy driver (b20/vtec) and still be reliable, keeping in mind this motor is suppose to read 8000+ revs

It all depends on the sleeve strength. Stock, I wouldn't go more than 84.5mm, 85mm at the very most. Resleeved- the Golden Eagle Monster Sleeve (or whatever it's called) can handle up to an 87mm bore.

wow 87mm....how come when i read up on swaps, no body passes like the most 85mm, 87mm monster seleeves will hold up too 8000+rev with 89mm stroke and stock length rods? what would be the most revs the seleeve would handle, ur estimate

Originally posted by 22crazy@Mar 11 2003, 08:42 PM
wow 87mm....how come when i read up on swaps, no body passes like the most 85mm, 87mm monster seleeves will hold up too 8000+rev with 89mm stroke and stock length rods? what would be the most revs the seleeve would handle, ur estimate

No body passes? What do you mean?

There are too many factors to determine how much you can rev up to in a certain sleeve configuration... but I think that if a GE sleeve can handle 50-70psi of boost, it would be able to handle a good amount of revving on an all-motor setup. My bottom end will be good up to 10-11k when it's done. I'd worry more about things like your pistons and valvetrain than a GE block when revving up high.

Originally posted by dvs_prelude+Mar 11 2003, 01:23 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 11 2003, 02:32 AM
STAY AWAY FROM JG.

Dang... this is definately not the first time I've heard that. Everyone in all the forums I can think of says the same thing. I wonder what happend to JG? They use to be the shit. :wtf:

3 years ago, they were the shit.
Today, he builds the motors he does for top racers GREAT. if you are an average joe schmoe, you're getting fucked in the ass. i know countless people who have been fucked over by him.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=408084

calesta, whats ur setup? and what i meant by passess, is that every setup i read, everyone is like bore to 85mm or 84.5mm, its rare that i read on a setup with a b series with 86mm or 87mm bore.

Originally posted by 22crazy@Mar 12 2003, 04:34 PM
calesta, whats ur setup? and what i meant by passess, is that every setup i read, everyone is like bore to 85mm or 84.5mm, its rare that i read on a setup with a b series with 86mm or 87mm bore.

Uh... I still don't know what you're trying to ask. Nobody possesses? Proper spelling helps here. My last B20/VTEC build is linked in my signature. It's been there longer than you've been on the board. Go look at it. Oh- please spell your as "your", not "ur".

The reason why most people probably don't have larger than an 84.5mm or 85mm bore is because going larger would require a resleeve... otherwise the stock sleeve walls would get too thin. That's a lot of extra cost that you're adding to the block if you resleeve to go to a larger bore. I'll probably end up at 87mm on that engine some day though.

:lol:

you'll need a vtec water pump and oil pump and you should have a beat on your hands once you put it together. you should probably get some ITR pistons if you want 11.5:1 compression and you may wanna upgrade your rods.

Back