CRX / 88-91 Civic Hatch B16a swap timeslips?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_MATRIX

cant decide on whether or not to get a crx or 88-91 civ hb for b16a jdm swap

so far i'm looking hard at a jdm motor from ard performance, anyone had any experience with them?

here is what I'm lookin at :

B16A2 (1.6 DOHC V-TEC) 170HP

1.6 DOHC 16V VTEC 170HP Honda motor . Direct from Japan. Includes engine, hydraulic transmission and grey plug ECU (For 92-95 Civics & 94-95 Integras) Can also be adapted to older vehicles with transmission and harness adapters.

Gen 2 Engine, CableTrans, ECU, Harness, Axles, Shift, Linkage, and Mounts for $1695.95

also curious to know anyones timeslips with a basic (intake/exhaust/header/cam) b16a swap into either crx or civic hb

Thanks any info is appreciated

Chris
puttin it down for the '510'

well with my friends 89 civic hb i ran 15.1 at 90 with a b16a2 with itr headers exhaust and tb. if u want to see the timeslip got to www.str8four.com and check out the car and slip. also a friend has a 88 crx si with a b16a1 and he runs 15.9 of course all of this is at LACR

those are not good times!
i know a guy with a 4door 92 civic that runs 15,3 and another one with an esi(ex) 92 hatch that runs 15,5!
you should be able to get low 14sec times in a 88-91civic/crx with a b16swap.

yeah i sure hope with my b16 swap i will run around that time. but i dont drag race so its all good. hell it would beat my times when i had the d15 in that car. hell i ran a 17.1 with that motor. that shit sucked!

yea, those arent really good times, I ran a 15.1 with a 1991 crx with an ebay intake and thermal research exhaust

ok well they are at LACR and well that does almost give them an adjustment of .5 or .4

the guys i know with a b16a1 swap run mid to low 14's. im not sure about altitude but it in the kansas city area.

i'll be really pissed if when i get done with my swap i can only get a 15 sec slip.
im hoping to keep up with my friend shanes 14.1 2000 Civic Si Turbo.

well i would guess kansas city is better than LACR because the pros always bitch about it and shit i mean if u dotn know LACR is like a dirt bowl the elevation sucks they give u like a .5 second difference and if u look at the track from the start u are going uphill. so like a b16a2 in that hatch elsewhere would run about 14.6 to 14.7

whaat!
15.1, dude must not know how to shift right or something..or had a terrible reation time.

Originally posted by onlytime@Jan 27 2004, 07:22 PM
whaat!
15.1, dude must not know how to shift right or something..or had a terrible reation time.

ummm reaction time makes no difference. you can have a 932740724 second reaction tim and still pull a 10 second pass, the timer doesnt go until you start.

yeah ok whatever i shift right i know it i guess that everyone at lacr cant shift right i guess

my 90 dx b16a1 ran a 14.57 the altitude up here in ND is around 1000 ft. I acomplished this on stock everything. 13 inch bald tires at 30lbs. not to change the forum or nothing but this car is forsale.

well at palmdale a b18c1 runs like 14.5's and a type r runs 14 flats so like i said before unless everyone cant drive then i think its the track. i need to go to another track so i can get some easy 14s and show that it isnt me.

90 accord in need of ideas

i dont know where to take my accord ... i found a carbon trunk, hood, fenders and a body kit ... but engine wise im losing my mind heLLLp

Start your own thread n00b. Don't post on 3 year old threads.

This has nothing to do with racing/driving techniques. Post this in the Accord section.

Swap an H-series motor into your car. The B16 doesn't make enough power for your heavy ass family car.

wow

wow not trying to make fun of people but my ef ran a 13.98 with a b16 with a manifold clutch and obd1 conversion...just trying to help......not trying to start anything:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back