1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRX 88-91 Cluster wiring

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by SolDave, Mar 27, 2008.

1. SolDave

SolDave Junior Member

I just aquired a gauge cluster from an 88 CRX but I have a 91, does anyone know where I can find information on re-wiring it to work? the guy did send the original connectors with it.

2. ep3moschini

ep3moschini I R T3H NO00Bz!

I have a complete dash harness if you want to buy t and just swap it all over

3. SolDave

SolDave Junior Member

How much? I already got the dash pulled so it wouldn't be hard to switch it out. Also, any chance u got the wiring that runs through the firewall? someone decided to hack one of the main connectors, and i really don't feel like re-wiring it. but I also don't know how to go about using an OBDI motor and ECU. I got 2 different OBD0's, but i don't even know which one is best to use. Hopefully you, or someone else can help, cause these older cars are foreign to me. I'm all about the 92-95's=)

4. drummingpariah

drummingpariah Author of the Madness Man

The pm6 (d16a6, out of the 88-91 CRX/Civic Si) is one of the best Honda obd0 ecu's available. It's very tunable, is easily chipped, and is pretty darn cheap.

My dash was hacked apart as well (I have an 88 with a 91 cluster), and was done all wrong. It's pissed me off pretty severely, so if you come up with anything on this (and how to undo it) I'd really like to see it.

5. whiterabbit06

whiterabbit06 Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill? VIP

I don't know if this is what you need but here it is:

Attached Files:

6. SolDave

SolDave Junior Member

That'll definately help me some. but I can't seem to print it out to take with me. anyway you could send a copy to me if I pay for the time and shipping?

7. whiterabbit06

whiterabbit06 Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill? VIP

PM me your address a picture of your car and $100. :) Just kiding. Just send me your address.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted