CRX 89

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

WetWilly

I bought some boston 6.5s and realized that its too deep. I wanted to know if there was any way that I would be able to put a spacer or something so that it would fit. I put the speaker in there and if I did put a spacer I wont be able to put the cover on to protect it. Any suggestions? I know I can put it in the back, but Im thinking about infinitys in the back.

here's a good idea by maliwho97

(Have custom ones made. Yup Yup Yup! I've actually done a set of fiberglass door pods for a 99 Civic Si, he didn't want a kick panel to mess with the clutch pedal room, so I took his stock grills and made custom pods. They were awesome, you might consider that!)

Yup, he knows! I built him kick panels for his civic, but they got in the way. On the CRX, you can actually use your door/grill/speakercover piece as a frame for a fiberglass pod.....

how much is that gonna cost? ur gonna make them for me :p ?

Just go to your local Best Buy's installation bay and ask them for some spacers. They're not too expensive- maybe $10. You can get them in pretty much any thickness. After they're installed and clearing your window when it's rolled down- make sure the front of the speaker clears your grille- otherwise you can cut the stock grille and countersink your new speaker grilles into the stock plastic piece.

Back