CRX b16 aftermarket header?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Andrew

I'm wanting to put an aftermarket header in the '91 si Crx/b16 project, and was just wondering what other companys make them for my body style(besides Hasport and there $400 one)?

Will the 90-93 integra headers fit???

Thanks
-Andrew

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm wanting to put an aftermarket header in the '91 si Crx/b16 project, and was just wondering what other companys make them for my body style(besides Hasport and there $400 one)?

Will the 90-93 integra headers fit???

Thanks
-Andrew
any B Series header will fit (with the exception of the B20A header I think)

The 90-93 Integra header fits but you'll run into that same o2 sensor problem I told you about before. You can always get a 2nd o2 bung welded on if you don't wanna spend the cash on the HaSport header.

so as long as theres 2 o2 ports i'll be good...
I can get the threads welded onto any header at a muffler shop eh?

Thanks bro
-Andrew

Any aftermarket header SHOULD have an o2 sensor bung already on it. The second O2 sensor will go after the catalytic converter anyway.

no all secondary o2 sensors that i know of go either in the cat or after it. otherwise im not sure wht the purpose of two would be

you guys have no clue what youre talking about lol. he has a crx with a b16 and is obviously obd0. hence 2 single wire o2 sensors which mount in the pimaries of the header, not at the collector. you guys are thinking of that obd2 crap with the o2 sensor in the cat.

however im not much help, i dont know of any aftermarket header besides the hasport one thats designed for the crx with b16 swap. you could just chip your ecu and disable the second o2, or have some bungs welded into the header of your choice.

Thanks GSRCRXsi, you nailed it on the head.

(just to be sure)
I can use ANY b16/18 header if I have the [2] o2 'bungs' welded onto the header.
Like this one?

Quoted post[/post]]
Thanks GSRCRXsi, you nailed it on the head.

(just to be sure)
I can use ANY b16/18 header if I have the [2] o2 'bungs' welded onto the header.
Like this one?
see how that one has the o2 sensor bung on the down pipe? the pr3 and pw0's o2 sensors read in cylinder pairs. one reads cylinders 1 and 4, the other reads cylinders 2 and 3. If you put both sensors on the down pipe, it won't read properly.

For example, say you have both o2's on the down pipe, each o2 would be getting a reading from all 4 cylinders. Now, hypotheticlly (sp?) speaking, say cylinders 2-3 were running lean and 1-4 were running rich, both o2's would get a reading as stoich or ideal and they won't adjust either cylinder pair's a/f ratio. Read that hondata article I gave you, it explains a lot.

ok. I read that article, and I understand that i need both o2 sensors in the right place, or i could be running to lean/rich.

On that header I linked to, I did see the o2 sensor spot on the bottom end of the downpipe.(facing up with a bolt in it?)
Since I'll be useing my engine harness(stock 91 crx SI)(won't I?), I'll just need to look at where my o2 sensors are... right?

im kinda lost here. i just bought a b16 to go in my 91 crx and it had the oe exhaust manifold and there is only one o2 sensor and that is at the back of the (what i call the) A pipe. like where the back side of the oil pan is. ive been looking at different headers and they all look the same. only one place for the o2 sensor. at the back of the pipe. a couple i have had my eye on because im kinda thin in the dollar dept. are at vibrant performance and high volicity motorsports. high volicity looks a little cheesy but remember you get what you pay for.

Danzig, it sounds like you bought yourself an obd-1 b16(a2)...
We're talking about my obd0(stock crx ecu) on a b16a(1).

If I'm correct you'll either need to convert your harness to obd-1 or get a b16a1.
Don't quote me though. i'm still stupid about these obd's...

so you only need the two o2 sensors with a stock rex ecu? and how do you use the stock ecu? what about the VTEC? plus if this is the case (reading cylinders 1,4 and 2,3) then you can only run 4-2-1 pipes. (the ones in the pic were 4-1) Im more curious about the stock rex ecu thing

Quoted post[/post]]
so you only need the two o2 sensors with a stock rex ecu? and how do you use the stock ecu? what about the VTEC?

plus if this is the case (reading cylinders 1,4 and 2,3) then you can only run 4-2-1 pipes. (the ones in the pic were 4-1) Im more curious about the stock rex ecu thing

To my understanding you can 'wire- in' VTEC into the stock wiring harness, via like 3 wires.

And the way the Header is connnected has nothing to do with how the car reads the cylnders.
A 4-2-1 just means it goes from 4 pipes(from the head) to 2 pipes where it connects to the downpipe, and 1 is where it connects to your Cat.
The only thing we're talking about is with an aftermarket header, they (most) don't provide the 2 o2 sensor ports like the stock one and the $400 one from Hasport do. What we were saying is that I will need to weld the two bungs onto the new header, b/c aftermarket ones(like i just said ^) don't have them in the right places.

-Andrew-

Hey

I'm probably a little late but I noticed that nobody mentioned the fact that the hasport b16 header for the crx misses the front crossmember...

I personnally bought the Vibrant JDM raceheader for b series motors (not specifically for a b series in a crx) and had to add the second o2 bung and notch out my front crossmember then re-box it in with metal and the mig welder to make the header fit the car.

It works fine for me, but had I known that the header was going to hit the crossmember before I bought it I would have got the Hasport one.

Hope this info helps.

Back