crx b16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dr_drache

crx b16a won't start after sitting...

Where to start,

about 3 years ago i joined the army... parked my crx, and did my thing... germany, iraq, germany, kuwait...then back here to the states... in that time, my father had started the car... once in the first year. never after that.
I ask him to get the car so when i get to GA, i had my rex...
he couldn't get it started... got it to fire a few times with starting fluid, then nothing...
I get it... do a once over, find out the solenoid valve fuse was blown, replaced it, no fuel pump on key on (2 sec)
installed new main relay... still no pump....
new pump, old relay (was good)
it had 8 gal of fuel-like liquid that i removed from it, smelled... like varnish
NOW...
i get a new battery, (old was was crapppppy)
thing cranks over...
i get 2 sec fuel pump prime...
i get fuel out of the rail, if i remove the return line, and remove vacume hose on FPR.
and that's it.
no start.
injectors have power, injectors have proper 2.5 ohms...

UPDATE :

100% Brand new...
ngk iridium 9's
EFI relay,
injectors (1991 'teg b18)
all installed...
runs like a charm with starting fluid..
still seems like a fuel issue... (fpr BAD?.. clogged lines?)

anyone got any more ideas?

UPDATE2 :

I have no fuel pressure..... as in, after the prime, i can crack the
filter bolts loose, and it doesn't squirt out.... just leaks out.
installed a aem fuel rail/fpr combo, to no added improvement..

fuel pump def runs, before (prime), and after key release (a second at most after)...

I think no pressure is my issue....
but i am doing a full wiring test tomarrow...
going through the entire wiring trouble shooting list...
going to hardwire the pump to see if it starts then....

i'm thinking perhaps that the pump i got doesn't work right.... (guessing of course) a fuel pressure gauge is enroute, but it might be monday before it gets here...

So, the engine runs fine w/ start fluid, so that rules out a lot of potential problems right there. And you know the pump works fine because you replaced it, right? I'd drop the fuel tank, and disconnect the pump output hose. Apply power to the pump and look for fuel (turn key for prime).

Then you can be positive the pump works. If not, check for elec. power to the pump.

My first guess is that there is blockage in the fuel lines/filters between pump and engine. If the gas in the tank was three years old, then so is the gas in the lines & filters.

Disconnect fuel filter & pump from the supply line and try using some compressed air to flush out the line. Buy a new filter for some added insurance.

And good luck as a civilian. I'm a free man this october after a five year sentance in the usmc.

ending up being a clogged return line,
plus the filter and injectors, alllllll together...

now i have an issue with the tach..

I dont like stock tachs. in my experiance the stock tachs suck and dont work right.

Glad to hear you got your baby running again. Lesson learned. If she's going to sit neglected and unloved for a while, I'll make sure to drain the fuel.

2010? Dear lord! I'm sorry. ^-^

The tach is all electrical, so it's a wiring issue. Not my area of expertise...at all.

Back