1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crx b16a2 swap blowing inner cv-joint. HELP!

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by killme413, Sep 13, 2005.

1. killme413

killme413 Junior Member

Hi.. my CRX -89 with b16a2 y21 swap is blowing my inner right cv-joint when turning wide =( Im using honda crx VTEC axels, my question is shuld i use VTI axels? My guess is that my VTEC axel is too short.. it looks relly extended when fitted..

Is VTI axels longer then VTEC?.. or what other axel can i use? My guess is that im missing like 10-15mm

thanx!

2. 4drcivicb18a

4drcivicb18a Member

Did you remove the dust seal on the wheel hub? That will cause it happens to everyone that dosent remove it.

3. killme413

killme413 Junior Member

hmm.. whats a dust seal!? x( hmm.. why is it there if it shuld be removed?..

4. 4drcivicb18a

4drcivicb18a Member

Its a seal on the inside of your drivers side hub. Take out both axels and look at the hubs only the drivers side has it (pretty sure). Take a hammer and a flat head screw driver and take it out. I put a b18a1 into my 91 civic and i blew an axel on wide turns, I was using 90-93 integra axels. Do a search its a well known thing

5. drpenguin

drpenguin Senior Member

is your engine sitting in there right? I have seen people with those shity mounts that dont put the engine in right and there blowing cv joints left and right. I use teg half shafts from what im told.

6. jdm2gen03

jdm2gen03 Senior Member

yep jus had the same problem. jus finished my swap of a b16 into my integra and did a touge and busted the right inner cv joint seal and now inner wheel well has cv grease everywere. but when i replaced my LBJ on the driver side we removed the dust seal. so no more problem.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted