crx b18, but want to do turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

auditt225

So I just intsalled a b18a in my crx but I want a little more power so Ive decided to put together a turbo. Where do I start? Do I have space to put a turbo in my car, looks like it but Im not sure. What are the requiremnets to put a turbo?

are you looking for a premade kit, or are you willing to put it together yourself?

is there a price range your trying to stay within (an actual number is needed....not just cheap)?

what kind of horse power goals do you have?

what is your technical knowledge?

what is the purpose of this car (ie, drag car, autox, daily driver)?

1) Im willing to put it together
2) no more than $1000
3) Maybe a 50 hp upgrade nothing major
4) Well I did the swap together and I usually deal withg audi turbo kits, im assuming its the same
5) I have 2 cars, but this will most likely be a D.D

Im just worried about the space, what skinny manifold can I get?
Do I need to move my fans and radiator over?

usually when someone does a turbo on a b-swapped crx, it requires losing AC (its possible to save it, but it tends to be more expensive).

if you have welding skills, this could be more than doable for $1,000 (the manifold is going to be the part where you run into money issues...if you can make your own manifold, this will work for under a grand).

Here is what i would do:

I would get a blox manifold (usually around $180) and block off the wastegate using a piece of sheet metal.

Then i would grab a used dsm turbo and sidemount intercooler (can usually be had for around $350, sometimes less)

Grab some DSM injectors off ebay (under $100). And you can get a greddy knock off BOV (for temp use...the diaphrams break pretty quickly).

Finally youve got piping...most muffler shops can do this for under $400 (will require shopping around....can be a lot cheaper if you can weld yourself).

The blox manifold should fit without replacing the radiator, but if you do need to replace it, you can get a del sol radiator (will require fabbing mounting brackets).

Then there's tuning. Tuning will always kill you if you cant do it yourself.

Theres my little piece of advice.

Back