Crx b18a1 swap gone to hell, please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

ok the b18a1 is in my 89 crx hf, its all wired up and it starts but wont run for long
its running really rich, nad im getting a CEL saying its the intake air temp sensor, i pulled off the connector to that thing and theres no power there. Would that make the car run like ass? i tried to trace the wiring back and see if there was power in it but there was nothing at all. Anyone have any suggestiongs im just ready to get this car running.
any help is very much appreciated

Quoted post[/post]]
ok the b18a1 is in my 89 crx hf, its all wired up and it starts but wont run for long
its running really rich, nad im getting a CEL saying its the intake air temp sensor, i pulled off the connector to that thing and theres no power there. Would that make the car run like ass? i tried to trace the wiring back and see if there was power in it but there was nothing at all. Anyone have any suggestiongs im just ready to get this car running.
any help is very much appreciated
do you have the right connector going to the IAT sensor? should be 2-wire connector with red/yellow and green/white wires - EACV has same type connector with blue/yellow and black/yellow wires

ok ive checked:
Vacuum lines
gas
timing
firing order
the wiring
the ecu
cleaned out the eacv
adjusted the idle screw

car still pops really loud in the exhaust, NOT BACK FIRING just popping everyone says too much fuel but i checked everything and its all good.
car now sits backpopping and dying almost immediatly

anyone can you help me???

Id say mabey the map sen... You said you checked the ecu did you try switching it with another. Or mabey not all the plugs are firing? Sorry cant think with out looking at it

Back