CRX- B18C1, B18C5, H22A1, or K20a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caragan11

I know this has come up so many times in threads before but now it's about time I start to plan for my swap.
I have 4 options:

B18C1
B18C5
H22A1
K20A2.

I have a 1990 Crx Si and I want to build a nice daily driver with A/C.

From my understanding, the H and K motors are out of the question when it comes to retaining A/C (please correct me if I'm wrong, and I hope I am wrong), but will I be able to have A/C with the B18C1/B18C5?

Anyone that has personal experience or have done these swaps before with a CRX please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Oh and yeah I've aleady heard the "you don't need A/C if you have a H22 or K20...just roll the windows down." I like having A/C and it's a hard to give that up.:cool:

The b's should be able to retain the a/c; the crx si comes with a b16 and i'm sure there were models that came with a/c. I haven't done the swap personally, but I think thats your best bet. K is too much money, and H is fine but it takes up alot of engine bay space. Somebody correct me? :D

you can retain ac on all swap .... its just wat you want .... personally if those are your swap in ming kill the b18c1 out slower than all the other and not worth it unless u dnt wanna drop money ...... fastest for stock just cold air intake and headers h22a swap will kill all of them.... if this is a daily driver forget k becuase that a 7k swap that not recommend for DD(imo) .... if you look up b18c5 vs h22a is just a gay battle like mustang vs camaros .... but are fast is just your setup
best bet for fast relaible ...h22a swap (hmotor sell a complete change over kit for 2200)

check the dates before bumping an old thread man, guy has probably figured it out by now.

Back