crx battery draining

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahsotancrx

so my battey drains every night and my door oopen signal will not shut off i took the off both of the door close trigger switches and those tested fine so i can not figure out what the problem is and if you can't already imagine driving with that beeping noise drives me up the freakin wall can any one please help, i have a feeling its something simple or at least i hope so but none the less i would be sooo happy if anyone could help.. :)

Originally posted by ahsotancrx@Nov 5 2004, 03:28 AM
so my battey drains every night and my door oopen signal will not shut off i took the off both of the door close trigger switches and those tested fine so i can not figure out what the problem is and if you can't already imagine driving with that beeping noise drives me up the freakin wall can any one please help, i have a feeling its something simple or at least i hope so but none the less i would be sooo happy if anyone could help.. :)
[post=412451]Quoted post[/post]​

Haha Mine did this too! Fakin annoying huh? No one knew how to fix it, so I just took the light bulbs out of the cluster (the door open/seat belt lights) and I took the beeping unit out, if anyone might know now id like to know too!

Try doing a parasitic draw test. Hook an ammeter in series between the negative battery cable and the battery terminal. With all the doors closed and key off there should be a very small reading. The smaller the number the better. If you're draining your battery overnight it has to be drawing quite a bit. I've found that most cars will draw anywhere from 1mA to 250mA without hurting anything. Just keep pulling fuses and unplugging things until the number drops and you've found the problem(s)

thanks guys i took out the sound tooo, will try the ammeter thing thanks for your help.

Back