1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crx body work near completion LOOK!! GOOD WORK INSIDE!

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by lil_red_rex, Jun 17, 2006.

1. lil_red_rex

lil_red_rex i do body work!

to start off this is MR.SI....I NO LONGER COULD LOG INTO MY OLD SCREEN NAME LIL_RED_SI.....anyway....some of u know that i bought george 777777's crx si that was smashed in the back...for the past week now i have been pulling welding and more pulling on this rear end and alot of my friends and "old timers" said i would never be alble to get it near good enough looking....have you know im only 16 and have about 2 years of autobody at my school under my belt i doubted them and tried my hardest and gave it all that i got....i used one of those industiral dumpsters that roofers use to throw there shit out, and a hooked chain.....i tied the rex with a chain to the bastard dumpster and pulled the shit out of it....then i started using the dent puller and what not.....after getting everything to the point it wouldng go anymore or just before i would have high spots....i mudded everything up with some bondo...i still have some sanding to do...but it is very minor....check out these before and afters below

before:

[​IMG][​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]

i think for one week i did a fantastic job.....but thats just me

2. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

looking good!!!

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

so what did you do? pull it out, bondo it up, paint it?

it does look nice :)

4. lil_red_rex

well not just pull and bondo...the framing did ripp so i needed to weld that back together...and as for the wheel well rust...i cut it out with a cut off wheel and welded patches...the grinded all the surrounding paint.....then bondoed......its only spraypaint so the metal spots dont rust....ill be puttin the bitch in primer next weekend....gunna knock down the clear and smooth out the base...then use a dupont primer sealer...then wetsand it and put it thru some base then the clear.....i might use the color red from the new honda fits....that red is pretty awesome....what do u guys think? i know ittl be expensive but hay....its a crx...it needs the best!!!

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

very nice!

sounds like a good plan to me :)

6. HondaHyna

HondaHyna Junior Member

thank you on ur reply. U did a very good job.

7. vin24

vin24 Junior Member

what school you go to.....or is it a different program like boces in valhalla which is part of school ?

8. lil_red_rex

i go to a technical high school in milford ct....its called platt tech high school...i learned all my basics and a few "tricks" its been a good experience for me so now i can restore hondas all day long and make some money on the side if i find some people who want work done.....all n all...i do all my own work from 2.5 years of school training^_^

9. vin24

vin24 Junior Member

pretty cool ill be going to boces in valhalla to learn somting lol and then do my own work to save some money lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted