CRX brake upgrade info needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sdcrx9d1

Okay heres the deal.....Im gonna be upgrading my front knuckles to 90-91 ex's...see here http://tjshondas.20m.com/xlfronts.htm.

The CRX is an HF so yeah I know my hubs are different. Im also planning to swap in a b18 soon, so I already have the axles needed for this swap. Should I just use the integra axles when I swap the knuckles? Will that even work right? OR should I just use the HF hubs and axles for the mean time? This sounds like the easier choice for now but Im not sure if that will work either. Damn I hate this $hit sometimes, I just dont wanna start doing the swap to find things dont fit right.

Any help would be appreciated and if Ive confused you I understand because I think Ive confused myself :blink:

OH one last thing does anyone know if the HX wheels will work with this brake swap? I know steelies will but Im not sure about the HX wheels. hmmmm

Hf axles and hubs will not work with the B18.

Hf Axles will not work with B18 Hubs.

When you swap to the B18 you will need to change to B18 axles, but I am not sure if they are compatible with EX hubs.

Hope this helps

Be careful- HX wheels have issues clearing 10.2 inch brakes on the Integra and 92+ Civic. You might have to do some clearancing to get eveything to fit properly. You could use spacers, but then you would have to get longer lugs in your hubs.

So yes, the wheels will work on the new hubs, but no- they won't clear the larger brakes. Don't even think about putting 11.1 inch rotors in.

B18aCRX is correct on the axle/hub information. I would just wait until you're ready to take on the entire swap. You could also just try to find 88-91 DX/LX/EX axles used somewhere and swap the outer cups to match the new hubs... or not. I'm not sure if the larger axles for the DX/LX/EX will fit in the HF transmission.

thanks for the info y'all...

Yeah I know the hf stuff wont work with the engine swap. I was just hoping to get the brakes done before the engine swap. Just seems like alot of things going on all at once you know.

thx

Back