crx brake upgrades??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xs2kx

hey guys, ive been doin alittle research on brake upgrades (front big brake kits, rear conversions, etc.) and also reading a lot of brake question posts.....the one thing i see is that a lot of crx owners bring up this issue on post but no one really answers it.....im looking for a front big brake kit and rear conversion, aftermarket of course and i want to get this kit for a crx not sure if i can or if i have to upgrade to another setup first (ex. 92-95 civic setup, integra setup, etc.) than but a aftermarket upgrade for it. Any help is appreciated and i hope this helps all crx owners not just me....im goin to try and call a couple companys on monday and will update the post with any info i find out....thanks again

Fastbrakes

they have some 11" kits for the crx. and if you want to upgrade without upping your wheel size then you could try to find some 4th gen EX brakes. they are a bolt on to the crx and is about 10.2" rotor and should fit under 14" wheels. the fastbrakes kit i believe requires 15" wheels.

Integra Front a Rear Hubs Is your best bet. Its a simple conversion, Took me about total 1 Hour of work.

im running 90-93 integra's upfront matched with an 96-00 ex booster and MC (15/16), fronts cost me 25 per side and MC/booster was $11 off ebay, my shit stops quick and it was cheap as hell!

I think Wilwood makes and upgrade kit for the front brakes. It upgrades the rotors to like 13 inch.

don't use 90-93 Teg front knuckles on a CRX - you'll fuck up the suspension geometry hardcore.

fastbrakes kit or 90-91 Civic Ex 4dr knuckles.

Once you have Ex knuckles you can use 90 VW corrado (11", 4x100, 38mm offset I believe) rotors and 94-95 Accord Wagon (or one year of the Legend, or ITR) calipers with minor machining and have a cheap 11" kit...

I have the Ex on the front of my CRX + 90 integra rears. I use the stock prop valve + stock HF master cylinder. Want to change to 90-91 Ex 15/16 cylinder (bolt in). Thing stops on a dime... Then again, it only weighs ~1800-1850lbs.

Hey,

i'm very interessted in this brake upgrade!

I've got a crx vtec ee8. I guess I don't have to change the knuckles?

Who can explain the G60 rotors swap?

Can I use them together with legend 2-piston calipers?

big thx,
marc

Just upgrade rotors?-My stock rotors are 262mm and the zs180 are 282mm.
I don't have to upgrade the calipers?

greetz
marc

If you just something lieke Slotted rotors then no... as long as they are OEM replacements.

To get larger diameter Rotors you can install 90-91 Civic EX Sedan steering nuckles, use a 90-97 Accord WAGON (any year they're all the same) caliper and SS lines and have the stopping power of an ITR. Along with all this you can use Powerslot/Brembo rotors from a 94 Prelude. This set up will be cheaper then buying AEM's big brake upgrade, etc...

You have to get the cailiper shaved so everything lines up. The side that attaches to the steering knuckle.

ok.... i got problems. ive got a 91 crx si with stock brakes. i want to up grade using factory parts. i have a set of 98 gsr brakes that i tried to put on and the camber is waaaaayyyyy off. i tried to swap upper a arms from a 95 civic and wont work. i want to know what a arms, what spindles, and what damn brakes to run. this is the only thing keeping me from driving my crx with the new turboed gsr swap in it.

Read the thread...

Easy way, use 90-91 Civic EX knuckles and calipers. There's also a way to get Accord Wagon calipers onto the stock knuckles with 11 inch rotors.

will 91 integra knuckles work with a camber kit? ive got a whole front setup from a 91 integra. do i use the crx upper a arms, or what? the upper a arms is the thing im wondering the most about.

ok.... i put the integra spindles and rotors on. i used the stock upper a arms and lower control arms. the tires stick out about an inch further that stock. it looks like shit. what do i do people? any ideas before i go back to stock?

That much? I hadn't heard of that problem before. Are the Integra control arms shorter by any chance?

i have no clue. all i had was the spindles and brake setup. this shit is driving me nuts. im not worried about tuckin tires cause there is no way i can tuck what im runnin. im just wondering if this is normal. can somebody help.

Back