CRX brakes, Hawk HPS, HP+

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

Ok couple things, first, I was told that all model front brakes for the CRX's are the same. . . but i read this on http://sensitive_rides.tripod.com/CRX/specs.html , are these spec's correct:

Brakes: HF DX SI
Lining Surface Area: (Front/Rear)cm2 36.7/50.2 45.5/50.2 45.5/50.2
Disk Diameter: (Front)mm 231 242 242

Because I have a 91 HF, and I was looking to get some hawk pads, cause my car stops like shit, and Hawk only has listings for the SI and DX so would I be able to use the dx hawk pads, or do i need to swap calipers and or rotors if this is correct? and also, how long do hawk pads hold up in comparrison to factory or AEM, i have heard that AEM last the longest but do not grab as well, and i am debating over HPS or HP+, it would be for a mostly street application with occasional runs through the canyons/at the road course, i've heard HP+ are easier to lock up and tear up rotors more, but how is the noise level/longevity between the two, sorry I know this is a lot for the thread but thanks a lot for the advice, i appreciate it!

ohh that came out kinda funny, heres what the specs said:

Lining Surface Area: (Front/Rear)cm2 HF=36.7, SI/DX=45.5
Disk Diameter: HF=231 DX/SI=242

dunno about the rotor sizes or anything else for CRXs so i cant help there

but i use hawk pads so i can be of a little assistance there :)

the HP+ are VERY agressive... they grip so hard its almost offensive... they are noisy as hell... they chew through rotors like its their job... i actually think the pads will last longer than my Brembo rotors... LOTS of dust... but the dust isnt from the pads its from the rotors... after 3 track events, several autoX events and about 7 months of very "spirited" driving the pads still look new (the rotors are worn in about 1.5mm)

the HPS are less agressive... much quieter... still last a good time... grip well... less dust... dont eat rotors like a fat bitch at a buffet

so if these will be mostly street with a little track/autoX use... get the HPS
if they will be mostly track with some street driving... get the HP+

Back