CRX Broken down again. Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does the car even crank??? Fuse was my problem and also if an oil leak she will not start if there are a lot of things done to the motor. Those were my two problems due to a gasket that i get to fix weekly.

Does the car even crank??? Fuse was my problem and also if an oil leak she will not start if there are a lot of things done to the motor. Those were my two problems due to a gasket that i get to fix weekly.
if your doing a headgasket that often then either our not doing it right or there is something wrong with the motor..and the car does crank its just not getting spark

Yup. It cranks, no spark. Died in the middle of when I was in a gas station and I left it running. So, the car was on when it died, same as when the dizzy was shitting. I think it's the dizzy cuz like I said, there's no seal between the cap and the distributor. And it's been raining like crazy around here lately. I'm gonna have the mechanics look at it and if it is, lifetime warranty for me :D

Buy a dizzy at autozone :). They sell one here with a lifetime warranty for $177 at least for an eg, and that's the generation after your rex so yours should be cheaper.

And at the rate you're burning thru dizzy's, you might wanna check over the whole ignition system make sure it's working right. Or just swap in a 1st gen b16 :D.

Don't buy a distributor if you do not need one. I've seen so many people mis diagnose starting/charging system problems and shell out a ton of cash to fix what they "think" is the problem. Have a mechanic diagnose it and find your problem. Some idiot came to my shop telling me his car would start up then shut down. He bought (prior), a new alternator, distributor, cap/rotor/plugs + wires and a new starter. He spent A LOT of money. You know what his problem was?... A $45.00 ignition switch. The proccess of elimination is not the way to go when fixing your car.

it means that i've replaced 2 ignition modules for the result of crx win and awesome ;). mine runs fine, though it needs some suspension work up front before too long.

ignition module ftw.

Replaced it twice, once just to kinda go over the spark plugs, spark plugs wires, etc. Second when my distributor crapped out last time, I replaced it again lol. I don't think it's that. I've replaced all parts of the dizzy and most electrical things up top.

I seriously think water/condensation just got in.

check your ground wires.
one may be loose and making cintact when you start changing shit out and making the car work, then when you hit a bump just the right way makes it loose contact again.

check all grounds and power wires. your haynes manual should have the location for these i believe?

Have you looked inside the cap???

I was driving and my rotor desided to come off, causing the car to die. it was a real cheap fix.

The screw to the rotor likes to wallow out.

I also have no splash sheilds and i have no problem with water, even when its raining, i sit about 4" of the ground.

If you are getting spark out of the wires the dizzy is fine.

The easiest way to check the fuel pump is to take the gas cap off and have someone turn the key on and see if you can hear the pump run through the neck.

Yeah, it was the dizzy. I told everyone I thought it was, then I went into the mechanics. They said they think it might the alternator, but they'd have to check. Got everything switched out, new dizzy and silicone (they couldn't get a seal) between the cap and dizzy for no charge. Thanks god for lifetime warranties.

Back