crx build....which pistons are better?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil_red_si

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">ok so here it goes......i have a d16a6 completely stock....i want to rebuild it and replace all seals and gaskets and what not.....now i have a brand new set of d16y8 pisotns with new rings and new d16z6 pistons with new rings......if i use d16z6 rods...which pistons will be better for the motor....i intend to keep the si head (no mini me shyte) and would it also be better to use the d16a6 rods or the d16z6 rods...and finally what kind of cam is the best to use for power throughout most of the powerband for my si head....links would be appreciated....thanx guys</span> :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">ok so here it goes......i have a d16a6 completely stock....i want to rebuild it and replace all seals and gaskets and what not.....now i have a brand new set of d16y8 pisotns with new rings and new d16z6 pistons with new rings......if i use d16z6 rods...which pistons will be better for the motor....i intend to keep the si head (no mini me shyte) and would it also be better to use the d16a6 rods or the d16z6 rods...and finally what kind of cam is the best to use for power throughout most of the powerband for my si head....links would be appreciated....thanx guys</span> :mrgreen:
D16Z6 and D16Y8 rods are the same (all D16 rods except 86-87 D16A1 are the same) - both Z6 and Y8 pistons will lower your compression ratio - Z6 will be about 8.4:1 and Y8 will be about 8.7:1 - compression lowers due to the larger combustion chamber in the A6 head

so will it be better to leave my pistons i have in the a6 in and just replace the rings? i want good compression for all motor but wanted to know if swapping over the pistons would help.....trying to make the most power for all motor d16a6...might even make it an auto-xer.....let me know :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
so will it be better to leave my pistons i have in the a6 in and just replace the rings? i want good compression for all motor but wanted to know if swapping over the pistons would help.....trying to make the most power for all motor d16a6...might even make it an auto-xer.....let me know :mrgreen:
if you want to raise the compression a little, use the PM7 or P29 pistons from the DOHC ZC or 88-89 Integra D16A1 - compression will be about 10.8:1

Back