crx clutch cable question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LsB16CrxHF

i hav a 88 crx dx with avid mounts and linkage and a 91 b18a1 and a 93 b16 cable tranny i was wondering why my stock clutch cable wont reach the tranny...do i neeed a different one and also which throttle cable do i need...
thanx

i think you need the cables from a 90-93 integra. Im doing the b16 swap to my 89HF and i had to go tear some stuff from a teg.

Originally posted by CReX123@Apr 24 2005, 01:12 PM
YES, You need Both Cables From a 90-93 Integra.
[post=490842]Quoted post[/post]​

k thanx

Acctually i jsut did the same swap... a B16 SiRI(JDM) inta an 89 CRX DX and my clutch cable was too short... I had to bend the clutch cable bracket and then it just barely fit and now i can't get my clutch to go lower than about 6 inches fro mthe floor. Is the 90-93 Integra cable the one i need?

Clutch cable: if you pull the plastic adjuster off the end of the sheathing and shorten the the sheating itself about 2" then slide the adjuster back up, it will work then

Originally posted by 88bluehf@May 4 2005, 10:08 AM
Clutch cable: if you pull the plastic adjuster off the end of the sheathing and shorten the the sheating itself about 2" then slide the adjuster back up, it will work then
[post=494970]Quoted post[/post]​

That is a good idea. I dunno why I didn't think of that. So you pretty much just cut a piece out of the sheathing so the cable slides out farther..? Does it matter where you cut it out of?

at the end so you can move the adjuster back.(thus giving the actual calbe inside more reach)..(just like adjusting a bicyle cable thats too longs)if you need me to take some pics of the process in action.. i can do that, just let me know

Back