crx cold starting problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Travisl

i have a z6 in my 91 crx it is real hard to starting when its cold outside now it wont start any help

Coolant mixed correctly and somewhat fresh? Well, not making slushies or freezing at night?

Check your timing, too.

how long are u cranking your car?
my d15a3 is harder to start in the cold. what i'll do is turn key til fuel pump makes noise/primes for the full 2 sec and then start and it works better than if i don't keep the key at the fuel pump prime position for 2 sec.
its hardest to start in the morning. your car won't even start in the afternoon?

same thing

Im having the same problem with my 88 CRX Si. When its cold outside its really hard to start. I cant figure it out. Ive read that it could be the cold start valve. Anyone have a clue where this is and how to change it?

ive tried the 2 sec prim it dosent help i had to put a heater by it over night it started then

Cold weather takes a toll on cars, especially when trying to start them. I've always been a firm believer in a high CCA (cold cranking amps) battery and a drop light in the engine bay to ensure a better start.

ive tried the 2 sec prim it dosent help i had to put a heater by it over night it started then
i think sometimes people will put blankets on their engine to help keep it warm at night (seriously).
edit: how is your parking spot? can you park under a roof, out of the wind due to wall or other cars, different direction, etc.

Ever thought of a block heater?

engine_block_heater.jpg

i park next to my house so it would be hard for wind to hit it could it b my crank sensor iv just been getting up at 230 am to warm it up the battery was just replaced and if i satr it i have to wait for a couple mins or it will bog

You should be able to get them at napa if not the dealer has to be able to order them since most cars have them stock up here. You just remove your freeze plug on the block and thread the heater in.

You can also go to Napa or autozone or occasionally on Ebay and find a magnetic block heater. It just magnetically sticks to the engine block and it has a electrical cord that you plug into just like the ones you thread into the freeze plug port.

found one at my local auto parts store had to order it but cant wait to get it. ive allways wanted to put one on my car but didnt like the conventional water hose and hack job style heaters this is perfect and in the summer you can remove the cord and not have some ugly thing dangling around in the engine bay

Man, my old D15 started twice in -45c weather without being plugged in. Chugged along the whole way to and from work but it got me where I needed to go! Just run your block heater for 3-4 hours before you start it and you'll be good.

Back