Crx Conversion Help Needed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MellottCC

I am looking to Swap out an original D15B6 out of a 88 CRX HF with a D16Z6 any help with this would be great, new motor mounts? ECU wiring? Driveshafts? Whats going to work what isin't.

Hmm, I know you will need a Z6 wire harness and ECU and there's a guy on Honda-Tech that makes OBD-1 to OBD-0 adpaters for relatively cheap (try a search or just start a new thread asking about him). Mounts, axles, shift linkage and all that gravy I'm not to sure about.
We need a super-experienced Japanese tuner on this board.

i beleave you can also use a crx si ecu and just rewire the vtec solenoid to an rpm activating switch. I used an auto meter tach and taped the vtec wire into the shift light. Its cool!!! cuz it also works as a vtec controller.

woo ok before we start spreading BS, you wont need axels shift linkage, or a obd0-obd1 converter. we are all japanese tuners here.you will need to use the stock tranny for cable. for the obd1-obd0 just change out the injectors and distributor, and change with obd0 ones and ther u have urself an obd0, how hard is that? also, i am not sure, but shouldnt a new D series have same mount points as a old series, i dont think u need mounts either. u just need to run a few wires for vtec, and get a VAFC, dont cheap out man thats how u get problems. also, u could just throw a vtec head on ur stock block, called a mini-me, which is basically the same thing anyway, personally id go for the whole z6 motor, but if ur short on $$ just throw the head on. as i said im not sure about mounts, but someone else will tell u if u need them or not. im 80% sure u dont.

Back