crx conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RiDiNg SoLo

hey fellahzz...since im having a hard time look'n for a Zc....well i have a 90 honda civic hatch dx with a 1.5 sohc motor in it....what im planning to do is swap out the head and exchange it for a
CRX/CIVIC SI head...whitch is a 1.6...im woundering what are the parts i need to do this swap....

well are you going to just use the head and the dx intake? cuz if thats it you will not really gain that much if any power. but if you plan on using the intake from the si head you will need the complete intake, throttle body, and injectors, you will also need the d16 distributor, and a pm6, pm7, or pg7. and have to rewire it for mpfi. that would be your best option. check out http://www.westworld.com/~joe_r/4gdxtozc.htmlwiring help

If your going to convert to MPFI just get a B16, it'll make all that hard work worth it. BTW you're only going to make about 20 more hp...so is it really worth it?

well not everyone has the $$ to do a b16 swap, i think thats why he was talking about zc or d16a6 stuff, much cheaper and still get SOME benifets

Ok then get an ZC online. Its the same price as getting an SI head, distributer, and ECU and you make 140hp. Its going to cost about $500 for both, and gettina a 40hp gain over a 20hp gain is MUCH better. Just go with a ZC. You don't have to find one localy, just get one online.

Back