crx d16a6 to d16z6 head swap starting issues.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brommy02

Ok so i got a d16z6 head and put it on my a6 block and tranny in my 1990 crx si.

I am using the stock ecu and harness but i did get a destributer for that head. I got everything hooked up and it will not start?
I used the a6 intake because the map sensor needs to be vaccume not electric.
But when i goto start it it fires up for a split second then stops. Its not fuel pump i checked it nd its fine i also checked the main relay and its fine. Does anybody know what cld b wrong????

ya the light blinks a certain pattern. If i get that pattern will i b able to find the problem?

Actually i got a quick question. Will it run with the a16 intake?? Cuz thats what i have on it

will run with A6 intake yes.

Which dizzy you running? the way you worded it sounds like you are running the Z6 dizzy.. If that is the case the Z6 dizzy will not work with the A6 ECU.

On a side note it rained in Texas last night and I found just enough water to sling a rod out the back of my A6. I have a complete Z6 engine, tranny, head, ecu, ry wire conversion harness with vtec ect... even have new cap, rotor, plugs and wires all for the Z6.

Tht prolly sounded stalky lol i just have a lot of questions nd texting wld b a lot faster

any updates? having same issue as you, same setup also, im wondering if the stock ecu will even run the setup

ya i dont think it will im still having problems. im prolly gunna bring my car to honda independent and have them chip my ecu so it will work.

so will anybody else tell me if the z6 destributer will work with the d6 ecu ??? if not then will it give me the problem that i am having. Because i wanna be sure before i put anymore money into it.

theres no way the z6 dizzy will work with the a6 ecu. you can use the a6 dizzy but you will have to modify it a bit. I have the same head swap right now and I'm temp using the a6 dizzy till I convert it to obd1.

Ok ya the bolt pattern is way different nd also one last question. I am using the a6 manifold will tht work

thats how im running mine atm. I'm going to do some more research on how to use the z6 manifold so I can use the z6 fuel rail. It look nicer XD. but yes the a6 manifold still works on the z6 head.

Back