crx d16z6 zc motor 1/4 mile time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Column? Wasn't aware this had to be dropped for an auto-manual conversion..?

Sorry for double post. Yes the top bolt on the Brake or Brake/clutch pedal cluster is directly above the column. You can't get to it unless.

EDIT: in an EF anyhow

dude are you seriously trying to compare a 2.0L dohc 5spd car to a 1.6sohc slush box car just so you know my crx went 13.78 with a b20a hytech header aem CAI cam gears and a tune with a b16trans in a gutted car

six bolts on the steering collom or the pedal bracket and yes i am i put the zc in cause it was my first swap i did it all by my self i had to learn how to convert it to obd1 i didnt want to miss up a good motor

Just on the column, you don't remove bolts on the bracket, only nuts.

I have a 91 crx dx with a d16z6 zc motor swap i was wondering if any one knew wat it could run in a 1/4 mile.I have headers and a test pipe and intake thats all. I got beat by a b20 crx si with a b16 tranny should i be quicker than the si. the si has headers, intake, exhaust and its lowerd and both have no rear interior.

which one do you have? the zc is jdm but the z6 is out of a usdm ex or del sol.

i have the zc its the same as the usdm one but it has a more aggressive camshaft

i was about to buy a turbo system for 200 but the guy lives 3 hours away so now im going to build a mini me im tearing down my old dx engine and sending it off to get ported

if you had a manual tranny in your crx you prob would pull on him. i pull on b20s all the time with my z6 but i have cold air intake, cheap ebay headers, no cat 2 1/4 custom exhaust, stage 3 clutch and a chipped p28 from phearable.net :)

i have all the components but it will take awhile for me to do it

Get a shell that's already stick and build a motor for it. Forget trying to hack your car up. Something will go wrong--it always does--and you are gunna be fucked.

My B20 swapped EF walks all over D16's. And it pulled on my buddies LS swapped EG. We even switched cars, just to see if it was the driver or the car, and my EF still pulled on his EG. The B20's are fun for what they are.

is it b20 vtec? thats the only type of b20 swap that i have ever lost to. as for ls, if they dont have vtec, i beat them easily. might be hard to believe but true

I have a 85 crx hf and its about shot, what other type of motor can i put in it with out doing any kind of modifications to the engine bay

oh then im not sure about that, ive raced b20s with b18 trannys, one with a gsr tranny but i dont think ive come up against one with a b16 tranny i'll have to ask them. and can someone clear this up, ive heard that the b16 tranny is better than the gsr one in some aspect. is that true? and if so how? oh and orville, ive never messed with a 85 crx, but if its a d series motor, that would be your best bet, or b series i think

Back