crx dosnet get spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Travisl

it wont get a spark iv changed the ignition coil the emission control modal in the dizzy but nothing the spark plugs a brand new are new

for D and B motors, i always try to test out a known good distributor before i even begin running down other spark issues. honda distributors are sadly much less reliable than the rest of the car. if you can find someone with a running CRX of the same model (Si, Hf, DX) see if you can smooth talk them into letting you swap their distributor over to your engine and see if it starts. if not, you really need to purchase a service manual, there's far too many possibilities and flowcharts to follow.

i have changed the dizzy i followed the ignition lines the plugs are all in

it's true, both times my crx started acting up, it was the distributor. the parts that go bad aren't replaceable. either find a known good distributor to test out, or follow ahhvtec's advice.

i have used my freinds crx dizzy and his car worked but still no spark the main relay works and at the fuses are good

Not the spark plug wires, check the wiring to the distributor. The ones that go to the ECU, tachometer, etc.

Buy a service manual or go to redpepperracing and find the wiring diagrams. It is electrical gremlins that haunt you.

A timing belt wouldn't cause a no-spark situation.

Iv seen it cause a no spark issue before on a prelude and a impreza. When a timing belt goes you normally dont get spark. Should be easy to check too.

If the timing belt was snapped completely maybe, but that's fairly obvious when it happens. It's not like it happens overnight, it happens when you're driving it.

If the timing belt was snapped completely maybe, but that's fairly obvious when it happens. It's not like it happens overnight, it happens when you're driving it.

:disgust1:

if the timing belt is broke there will be no spark

Yep he is correct. Think about it the distributor runs off of the camshaft which is driven by the timing belt. If the camshaft stops turning the rotor inside the distributor would not turn sending spark to the different terminals inside the cap. But yeah I dont think it is a timing belt. Sounds like an electrical problem. Check this link out it has good info trust. Starting Problems

Obviously. I wasn't debating that a snapped timing belt would cause a no-spark. I first thought he was suggesting that having the timing off a tooth or two would cause it, to which I said no, that wouldn't. Then he said that if the belt were completely severed it would, to which I replied that it would be obvious when that happened, since timing belts break when you're driving, you don't park your car and then the next day get no spark because the belt broke overnight. I guess the OP needs to clarify whether it died suddenly while driving, or just refused to start one day.

Back